Chapter 42

AN:   This is my first time experiencing the Gilfest Event. I didn't expect it to have lots of farming and that lotto feature.

I think I am getting addicted to taking those EXP Cards on those boxes. It was such a good feeling every time I manage to empty those boxes of all of their contents.

I keep farming and farming so that I can level up my other Servants and their skills.

Should I just drop all of my 198 apples in this event? Are the boxes unlimited? Hopefully, it is. I need to level up my servants.

Anyway, my 8 tickets and 26 Saint Quartz failed me on getting the King of Heroes Gilgamesh on my Chaldea. I want an Archer Gil too!!  (No! I don't want the Shota version!! ) 😐😐😐 I manage to NP5 Shota Gil because of this banner. But no Gorgon. Fortunately, I have an NP3 Taiga now.

Anyway, School is tiring but I am doing my best on updating the Fanfictions. Again, sorry for the wrong grammar, incorrect use of words, etc. English isn't my first or second language.

Chapter 42: Anomalies in the new timeline

  She stared at the array of books on the bookshelves. The books have different subjects and categories, yet they are piled together. A feeling of satisfaction washed over her.

Clomp

Clomp

Clomp

While she was staring at the collection of the books, she heard the sound of footsteps making their way in her direction.

" O5-7 told me to come on this place. He hasn't told me the reason behind his order. But seeing you here, Business isn't simple as it seems. "

The person said while she was still facing the array of books. Despite that, she recognized the voice of the person.

" Do you remember? "

" I am not here to listen on your bullshits O5-10. Get on the point Archivist. I have no time and patience for your riddles. "

O5-10, or the Archivist as she was called let out a chuckle. She found the person's words amusing and ironic at the same time. Finally, she faced the other person and properly addressed him.

" Dr. Clef, I am glad you have arrived. "

" Is there something you wanted to inform? Best you say it as soon as possible. "

She pursed her lips at his words. A frown made its way on her face.

" Are you that impatient? Or do you just like to mess with us, the Overseers? "

Dr. Clef shrugged and replied.

" What do you think? "

" Fine. "

The Archivist muttered. She started walking into her temporary office and Dr. Clef followed her behind. Unlike before, there wasn't even an echo or sound of his previously loud footsteps. She would never admit that it made her uneasy.

They arrive at the part where there was 3 chairs and a round table. On the table, there was a neatly closed file. She sat on one of the tables and picked the file. Glancing at them for a few minutes, she then handed it to Dr. Clef.

" What do you want me to do with it? "

She merely raise an eyebrow and gestured for him to sit. Dr. Clef ignored the offer and started reading the files. One minute, two minutes, and a few more, it took much more than 20 minutes for Dr. Clef to finish reading the file.

" It never enters my mind that the Overseers can give a lot of privileges because of a mere child SCP. "

Moments later, he huffed at his words.

" We're not. "

The Archivist replied. At the look given to her, she continued.

" We would never be someone considerate. It was more convenient to give the SCP and its father some benefits than them being far away from the foundation. "

" What do you want me to do with this subject? Do you transfer the handling of this SCP to me? "

The Archivist shook her head.

" No, you're not. Dr. MacWarren was making a progress. "

Dr. Clef place the files on the table.

" Can you even call that progress? "

Dr. Clef mirthfully asked.

" It was damning slow as a snail. Why does y someone like all of you–the Overwatch agree on the magically bounding contract proposed by the SCP's father? "

" It was better for the SCP to stay here in the foundation. "

" Secure, Contain, Protect. I know, But what did make that child SCP different? "

Dr. Clef asked. He wondered if Dr. Bright met the SCP and what he thought of the child. The Archivist leans her head on one of her hands.

" Do you not remember, Dr. Clef? The previous iterations, the times, timelines... The resets? I admit that it was so presumptuous of me to ask for it when I could only remember a few of it. "

Silence reigned for a few minutes before Dr. Clef stared at her with a grave expression.

" I only remember that I was the lapdog... "

Dr. Clef curled his lip.

" .. every time. "

He paused and asked.

" So, what is has to do with the child? Do the Overseers want to kill him? When do I get started? "

The Archivist shook her head.

" No... I just wanted to ask if you could remember him being in the previous iterations. "

Dr. Clef frowned and replied.

"You're the Archivist. It was your job. You are the custodian of the records of the previous iterations and timelines. My memory can't be compared to yours, Madam Archivist. "

The Archivist sighed and left on her seat.

" Some of them have easier duties, it wasn't easy to be the bookkeeper. You're right that I have a better memory than yours, Dr. Clef. "

" You shouldn't call me. I'm useless on your current troubles. "

Dr. Clef told her. The Archivist smiled faintly.

" I know. But you're the only one who I can tell some of the information that I found. "

She caressed the file on the table and picked them.

" Every iteration, new and newer SCPs were always discovered and found by the Foundation. There's always a new one. "

Dr. Clef didn't like where it is going.

" And there was always a new change in the events of the Iterations. "

" Do you know? SCP-105 wasn't even supposed to be at MTF-Omega at this time. Other researchers who weren't supposed to join the foundation at this time are already here. "

The Archivist let out a tired smile.

" I can't even remember how did the last reset go. What kind of Archivist am I? "

" A useless one. "

Dr. Clef said causing the Archivist to chuckle.

" I don't know if that was supposed to be a joke or you are mocking me, Dr. Clef... "

She then trailed off. The Archivist glance at the file again before she gives an order.

" I want to know what happened to the previous timeline. I know that you have a lot of things to do Dr. Clef, but this one is very important. "

Later, The Archivist watched Dr. Clef leaving her temporary office. She glances at the file again before a pessimistic thought has occupied her mind. The requirements for the reset are getting harder and more complicated.