23-Solitication

Shocked, I stop abruptly. Raphael had perhaps better reflexes than me, pulling me to my side so I couldn't see.

They were kissing.

Not a pathetic peck on the lips but a full on smooch.

I didn't think they had gone this far.

Did I miss some chapter or something?

"I didn't realise he was going that far," Alaric was confused as he turned fully to face me as  his back turned away from the kiss. "Even though, it's all fake, it's improper."

"Angel, let's go this way. When I get my hands, I swear-"

I waved my hands abruptly, and looked up at him, at his fierce emerald eyes. "It's fine, let's get away. I suddenly feel a bit sick."

As if Darius would be able to kiss me again. 

Unless he fully disinfected his lips.

Alaric nodded in response, "Let's take the back staircase." His phone chimed, making both me and Raphael look at his pocket. His phone was usually on silent, why would he need to be notified?

Taking his phone out, I don't know if I was imagining it but he looked guilty.

Stone cold, expressionless Alaric.

And it's then, I realised. However close we were, even if exchanged promises and fleeting passionate exchanges.

They would take over me, my existence. Flood my thoughts and dreams.

But they would always be far.

Time is everything we have  and  don't. There would be a time when the secrets would be too much.

And could I handle that?

The deeper I dig, the darker it gets.

" I need to go," Alaric nodded, heading off in a separate direction.

Raphael had grabbed my hand, showing me to a staircase. I had a free, and then ballet recital.

We were just silent.

And then he pulled me to the deep shadows of the grand staircase, encasing me to the wall. Tilting my head back, kissing me.

Kissing me to forget.

In that moment of the kiss we are in each others protective cocoon.

A cocoon where I didn't know what was going on.

A passionate rendezvous , which ended with him reassuring me that Darius would come and talk to me.

And it would be solved, simple.

-----------------------------

I had grabbed my bag from the lockers as ballet ended. I had a soothing shower, and I felt fresh and better. I mean Madam did comment on my intense kicks. As if I was going to kick my frustrations away. I was getting home on my own so I glanced at my phone. It was dead quiet as it usually was, most of the students had left for the day.

No-

"Juliette."

"Darius." I replied, walking past with him looking so sexy, his car keys dangling in his hand.His hair tousled from hands being thrust through it.

No prizes for guessing who.

Not going to lie, I did feel slightly energized seeing him.

"Juliette, wait." He said, grabbing my hand to swing me around. "Stop-"

"Did you expect me to be happy with this?I thought, thought it was just us." I managed to get, I stopped struggling.

"No, it's only you. I am not going to make excuses, I will be straight with you."  He reasoned with me. His hands let go with me.

"I needed to get her defenses completely down, I need her to tell me more about her inheritance, there was no other way. I refused, I did. But then she latched on me, and she would have caught on that I was using her to get information. As far as she knows, there isn't any connection between our families.  I needed to know where the main office 's situated. Juliette, I've been living with this ache, I need to know the truth. 

I need to know-right? What was it worth? Why she died?" His broke at the end of his speech and gone was the charming flirt and in front of me was a little boy, haunted by the past. 

Dropping my gym bag, I flung my arms around him.

And we stood like that as he cried  into shoulder.

He was a mixture of chaos and beauty. So perfectly chaotic,so perfectly chaotic for me.

Perhaps this was the biggest release he could ever have. I could not imagine Alaric or even Raphael giving any reassuring hugs.

He pulled away to give me a kiss which I turned away from.

"I'm not kissing you," I firmly said.

"That was the first and last kiss. And I did have a good wash," His tone lifted at the end. "Never again."

I couldn't help but laugh at his terrified expression.

Our lips meeting with the sweetest passion.

"Wanna go on a little adventure, we'll get something to eat." His eyes were full of that devilish fun, that was his crying face. I mean you could see the red rimmed eyes and little red nose but it looked like he felt cold or something.

Oh.

Why not?

"We can pick up the others." He smirked.

---------------------------------

SUPRISE------

Let me know your thoughts.

Please spread the love and get Their Queen the appreciation it deserves!

Short but the drama begins.....