CHAPTER SEVEN

ALEXANDER POV:

I never like being away from my wife. The entire flight to Japan I have been on edge, the separation anxiety is driving me crazy. The only time I felt myself calm down was when we finally landed after nineteen hours of being in the air.

Without wasting any time, I got to checking off things on my to-do list. I showered and changed on the jet so that the moment we land, I get into business mode. On my way to the site I send a text to Rose to let her know that I have arrived safely.

Me: My love I have arrived and all in one piece. I hope you are doing great and that the babies aren't giving you too much trouble. I will call you later. I miss you and love you to the moon and back.

Immediately after I click send on the text, I place my phone and log on to the MacBook on my lap so that I can go through the mountain of emails that flood my inbox. On the flight over I went through about a third of them. Dealing with hospital invoices for the workers, I don't want any of them having to go through the stress of hospital bills. This was is afterall an on-duty injury, so it is entirely my responsibility to pay up everything.

I arrive at the site and meet with my head of operations on this side of the world. "Mr. Cain, thank God you're finally here." he looks a bit flustered as he speaks.

"Kaito, relax." I say with a smile, he visibly calms down after a moment. Kaito Yamashita is the best at what he does. He might always be a little nervous but when it comes to his job he really gets everything done on time and in the manner that it is meant to be.

As we go through the site I can feel how frustrated he is about the current situation. "The scaffolding just collapsed. It was a shock to see people fall from so high up."

The five workers fell from the tenth floor of the building. It is a miracle that none of them had any major injuries or even lost their lives. I look up at the position they were on my mind tries to conjure a picture of what exactly happened.

Kaito and I move on as he shows me the rest of the place and the progress of the building. The project seems to be going well, I am deeply impressed with the quick pace of the contractors.

"I hope that everything is pleasing to you." He says while we walk back to the front of the building and out of the construction site.

I nod, "Despite the real reason why I am here, I am happy with the progress Kaito. Keep up the good work."

He smiles, "Always Mr. Cain."

I open the car door before the driver gets to it, he nods and moves to get into the driver's side. "Kaito, thank you for keeping the ship afloat. I appreciate the great work that you do."

"It's my honor Mr. Cain."

He nods right before I get inside the car after him. "Where to sir?" Ren the driver asks.

"To the University of Tokyo Hospital."

He pulls out of the parking spot and within minutes the car weaves its way through the busy streets.

I love being here. This is one of my favorite countries to visit, I am just a little sad that I am not experiencing it with my wife and that I am here due to such painful circumstances. On the drive to the hospital, I check more emails in my inbox and then read the damage report that was handed to me by Kaito. Thankfully the papers aren't too much of a read and by the time we stop at the hospital I am almost finished with a third of the material.

Stepping out of the car with Kaito at my heels we make our way to the reception and within minutes we visit all five employees. The two major injuries that we have encountered are a broken leg and a fractured arm.