XXIII: Cliff

T H I R D  P E R S O N

Seulgi and Rosé arrived at Seoul National Police Station. They saw Lisa standing in front of the door. Seulgi horned, and Lisa quickly went inside in the back seat.

"What happened, Liz?" Rosé asked, and she looked at Lisa through the rear view mirror.

"Yeonwoo found death, her body hanging under the bridge. Police interrogated me because they saw my handkerchief in Yeonwoo's pocket." Lisa answered.

"Did they suspect you?" Seulgi asked, and she shook her head.

"They didn't, I told them the whole story of how I met Yeonwoo." Lisa looked out the window, and she sighed.

Rosé notices that her cousin is having deep thoughts. She can’t help but feel worried about Lisa.

"What are you thinking so deep?" Rosé inquired, and Seulgi looked in the rearview mirror.

"They found my handkerchief, but they didn’t find my black coat." Rosé furrows her eyebrows.

"Maybe your coat is at the place where she got killed or the culprit has already burned it." Lisa thought that her cousin was right.

Seulgi and Rosé looked at each other before they sighed.

'I hope you will be fine, Liz. Are you able to get away from this stress soon?' Seulgi and Rosé said in their thoughts.

Seulgi dropped Rosé and Lisa off at their penthouse before she went back to KM University to continue her practice.

Rosé watched her cousin who walked towards her room. Lisa didn’t even utter a word to her, and Rosé knew there were a lot of things going on inside her cousin's mind

•••

L I S A

It’s heartbreaking to see Yeonwoo's father crying because of her daughter's death. He kept crying, and he was trying his best not to make any noise while crying.

For a father, it will hurt him big time to see that his daughter is no longer breathing. He wasn’t able to have a chance to talk to her for the last time.

I hugged him when we were at the police station and he let it all out on my shoulder. He really loved his daughter so much and it hurt to see him cry so much.

Even though I only met Yeonwoo twice, I felt very sad about her death. Based on her father and what others said, he is a good person and she didn’t deserve what happened to her.

I exited our penthouse and texted Rosé that I was going outside to get some fresh air.

I keep walking. I don’t know where my feet are going to take me.

I just found that I'm on the cliff, where I can see the beautiful view of Seoul. This is such a beautiful place to get fresh air and to think.

I felt someone's presence behind me, "How did you find me here?"

"I saw you walking and I chose to follow you here because it was already night and something bad might happen to you." I glance at Jennie and she is looking at me.

I sat on the grass and she did the same.

"I need some time alone, Jennie." I told her and she hummed in response. "Can you give me some time alone?"

"No, I'm not going to leave you here alone. You can just pretend I'm not here." I looked at her and she scooted closer to me.

Suddenly, she wrapped her arms around my shoulder and she guided my head with her shoulder.