35- Zeke Preston

(The outfit is on the top!)

"Miss Mia, the bath is ready"

A woman in maid outfit spoke to a girl who was around twenty four, sitting on the sofa with coffee cup in her hand. "Thanks" the girl softly replied. A woman nodded with a smile and left the big room.

A girl who was drinking coffee, stood up from the sofa and went into bathroom with quick steps. She stepped into bathtub and sat down after taking off her clothes. Sweet scent of body wash filled the bathroom.

"It's been 2 months already" she spoke to herself. Two months, she had been in the novel for 2 months. Things were not like she had read though. Everything was changing into completely different novel which puzzled her always.

Maybe it was all because of her. Maybe she should stop interacting with the main leads and hide from them for awhile. Mia nodded in agreement at her own thought. Deciding to avoid the three main leads starting from now on.

When the young woman finished taking a bath, she changed into a black colored strapped short dress. While she wore white long puffed sleeves crop top under the dress. Parting her hair to left side. "Great" Mia smiled at her own reflection in mirror.

Feeling satisfied with the result. Today was the day of buying a place for her shopping store. With her dear mother, they two had decided to spend their times together all day. The young woman went out of her room.

Walking down to the living room.

"Oh my.. you look beautiful, my dear daughter" Camilla smiled at the sight of the young woman stepping into the living room. Earning a grin from Mia. "Thank you" she responded. Going near to her mother with a wide grin.

"Maybe I must be beautiful because I am your daughter" Her words stunned the woman. Causing Camilla to let out a light laughter in gratification. "Yes yes. You are right" she replied as the young woman linked her arm with her mother's.

"Then shall we go?" Mia waggled her eyebrows. Earning a nod from her mother. "Let's go" like that the two women stepped out of the villa. Directing to the car where Lorcan was waiting with. He opened the car door.

Lowering his head with a stone face. "Hello" Mia greeted the man who was not even looking straight into her ocean blue eyes. Her greeting made Lorcan look up quickly. Locking their eyes. He gave a nod. Not even smiling.

Camilla's brows pulled together in confusion. If she was right, her daughter never made interaction with people who worked at villa. She always treated them like lower people. Now her daughter was greeting her bodyguard.

With a smile!

"When did you get close with him?" Camilla questioned when the young woman sat beside her and closed the car door. "Not long ago" Mia replied, shrugging while tilting her head. Camilla furrowed her brows. Looking at the man who was sitting at the front seat.

Lorcan remained silent. Pretending not to hear the conversation between the mother and daughter pair. She sounded little surprised and disappointed at the same time. Maybe she did not like it when a man like him interacted with her precious daughter.

The car drive off from the place. Leading to the building which Camilla found. On the way, the car was in huge silence. No one uttered any word nor sound. Just driving and staring out of the car windows with their own thoughts.

Mia returned to reality when the car had arrived to the place where the building was. Lorcan went out of the car. Opening the door for the two women. Just doing his job with indifferent expression. Mia and Camilla stepped into the building.

While Lorcan followed them from behind. "Welcome, Ma'am" the dealer who was waiting for the two to arrive greeted with a usual smile. "Hello" Camilla replied with a beam. "My name is Daisy. I am the dealer who will show you the building"

The woman introduced herself.

"Then please lead the way" Camilla beckoned the woman to commence. Earning a nod from the dealer. "As you can see, this building has two storey. First floor is an empty hall which you could fill anything you want. While the second floor has four rooms.

One room for office. One room for a meeting and two other rooms for the employees" the dealer explained, stepping into the elevator as the three followed. She continued explaining everything while the two women explored the whole building.

At last, Mia nodded in approval. Choosing to buy this building. "About signing the contract, our Boss is currently on his way. Since his schedule is available for some a few hours, he said he would sign the contract right away"

The dealer clarified. "Oh, can't we just sign the contract with you?" Mia queried. Not wanting to waste her time on waiting for a certain person. The woman awkwardly smiled. "I am sorry, Miss. But he is going to be here soon"

The dealer confirmed. Earning a sigh from the young woman. Well, seemed like she had no opportunity but to wait that Boss until he appeared. Camilla and Mia sat at the table which the woman prepared. Lorcan was just standing beside the young woman.

Like a statue.

The dealer just went down to the first floor. To welcome her Boss. "It is been five minutes!" Mia impatiently spoke. Pressing her lips tightly in annoyance. "Calm down, my dear daughter. It is only five minutes. Not hours" Camilla responded.

Making the young woman rolled her eyes in disapproval. "I am so sorry for my delay" the man's voice interrupted the young woman who was thinking of a way to leave the building in disappointment. His apology made her look up at him.

Locking their eyes for nearly a minute. Cornflower blue eyes of the man were the ones which made the young woman lose words for some seconds. They felt so familiar. As if she had seen them somewhere before.

"It is alright" Camilla stood up. Pulling her daughter back from drowning in ocean of thoughts. Mia regained consciousness. Standing up in hurry as she put on a quick forced smile. Blinking several times to brush away her stuck expression.

"You must be Miss Mia Grace" The man stepped forward. Earning a nod from the young woman. "Yes, I am Mia Grace" she responded with a smile. "Nice to meet you. My name is Zeke Preston" the man extended his arm. Asking for hand shake from the young woman.

Not even bother to greet the mother of the young woman who was greeting him with a beam. Just focusing on the one who was standing in front of him. Mia looked up into the man's cornflower blue eyes. Feeling bizarre with his strange attitude towards her.

He just simply ignored her mother's existence and greeted her. Completely looking rude and disrespectful in the young woman's eyes. Without thinking anymore, Mia took out her hand. Shaking the hands with the man. "Pleasure" she smiled.

Pulling her hand back.

But the grip from the man was getting tightened. This man was holding her hand firmly so that she could not even take back her hand from his grasp. Making it hard for her to pull her hand back. Zeke observed the young woman.

Relishing the puzzled eyes of the young woman quietly. No one could tell what he was thinking. Just a mysterious smile on his face while staring down at the young woman struggling to take back her hand from his clasp. Finding it satisfying.

"Excuse me" Mia furrowed her brows. Gritting her teeth in frustration. Disliking the man from the very beginning. Her struggle made Lorcan step forward. Looking into Zeke's eyes with death glare. The moment when the man let go of the young woman's hand.

"I apologize" he whispered. Turning his attention to Camilla who was watching everything with an awkward perplexed smile. Feeling left out with the situation a bit. "Please sit" Zeke beckoned the two. Sitting across the young woman.

As the dealer placed the contract paper in front of the three. Mia pressed her lips. Sitting down unwillingly. She strangely felt familiar with the man and yet she could also confirm that she had never heard of his name nor seen his face.

But one thing for sure, she disliked this man. She could say it clearly. She disliked the way he was staring at her with a mysterious smile. She hated the way he directly walked towards her to introduce himself joyfully while ignoring others.

"So let's continue signing contract"