20. Sharper Than Your Tongue

A/N: Knife play warning: Please note that there are a few moments where the knife breaks the surface of Reader's skin, and it might be triggering to those who SH. Please be mindful of this if you are vulnerable to that. Your wellbeing is most important to me! 

Another note: The aftercare Spencer gives is always reasonable for how I picture the scenes in my head. This is just a fanfic and is not meant to be used as a guide for real life aftercare. Thank you!

Warnings: Knife play, nipple stimulation, clothes are ripped/cut off with a knife, biting, oral sex (fem receiving), blood, hair pulling, daddy kink, cockwarming, predator/prey dynamics, unprotected sex/vaginal penetration, creampie, aftercare

Chapter Summary: Reader requests to try something new in the bedroom. Spencer warms up to the idea while helping her move into his apartment.

Word Count: 8.0k

----------------------------------------

It became clearer to you, the more you experimented with Spencer, that you'd always feel comfortable with him. You found yourself wanting to experiment more and more with one thing in particular. He was more than capable of creating a safe space for you to explore new things with him. That was why it didn't come as a surprise to either of you when you hinted that you wanted to keep testing your limits.

But this time, you didn't know how he would take it. It would be new for you both.

Maybe the rush from the feeling of organized danger hadn't yet washed off you from when you'd last experimented with gun play. And maybe it never would now that you'd gotten a taste. But the thrill of trying new things was something you never wanted to stop.

So when you told Spencer that you were ready to do it again, he was all ears to hear what you had to say.

"I've been thinking a lot about how your body responds to the possibility of danger," you announced.

Spencer turned to look at you from where you stood in the doorway.

"It's actually a very interesting phenomenon. The adrenal glands in your body release the hormone epinephrine, also called adrenaline, directly into your bloodstream when you encounter a dangerous situation. It only takes a couple minutes, and triggers what's known as your 'fight or flight' response. Things like an increase in heart rate and blood pressure, heightened senses, sweating, and a decreased perception of pain are all symptoms of adrenaline. Collectively, these symptoms are known as an adrenaline rush.

"It's an important survival mechanism and a natural response that prepares your body to deal with danger. In extreme cases, people will repeatedly put themselves in dangerous situations to experience it. It's a natural high, so I understand why people try to chase it," he mused, "but it can be detrimental if it gets out of hand. In fact, that's why the term 'adrenaline junkie' was created."

You smiled at him. You didn't think you were quite there yet, nor would you get to that level of obsession. This was a different kind of danger you craved, one that could be controlled for you.

When he caught your small smile, he matched it, seemingly remembering what brought on this conversation. "So what kind of possible danger are you referring to?"

"Well," you didn't know how to say it casually, so you figured you'd jump in. "It's knife play..."

Spencer blinked and then studied your face. You knew he was trying to figure out where this curiosity was coming from. You pressed your lips together, bringing your hands in front of you.

"I've just been thinking about it more and more since you and I experimented with gun play, and I can't shake the idea of it. I know it's a bit taboo, but I loved the feeling of controlled danger, and I want to feel it again," you explained.