Chapter 44- zoning out

Celeste POV:

" You really have a habit of zoning out during meetings don't you Celeste?"
I jump, slightly stunned by the voice.Nik sniggers and faces back to where Enzo and Raffe are stood at the front.

" We need to get back at The Eagles after the burglary" Raffe explains, nodding toward Enzo who continues." We need to prove that we have more power. That those fucking bastards mean nothing"

He smiles towards the audience, it grows wider as his eyes catch on mine.

" Any more questions?" Immediately, a whole crowd of hands shoot up.

"Alessandro?"

He clears his throat, as I peer around to find him.
Alessandro looks to be around forty five, I'm guessing he's been part of the Falcons a while.
" Don't you think you think we need to postpone this Mission for after the ball with all the preparations going on?"

The ball?

No ones ever mentioned a ball to me.

" You make a great point Alessandro, but if we leave it too late The Eagles will start to doubt us. Start to think that their better"

" Well, I think that's all we have time for. Please if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask us another time. Thanks"
At his words Raffe begins to stride of stage, Enzo following with a fake smile plastered on his face.

" Fucking Alessandro" Enzo huffs, as soon as he reaches the table Nik, Kiara and I are sat at.
He pulls out a chair next to me, slumping down on it.
" That bastard can shove his dumbass question up his arse" Raffe snarls, placing himself in the chair next to Enzo.

Enzo laughs quietly , both him and Raffe grinning at each other.
" Watch out Raffe is pissed better make sure he doesn't try punching Kiara again" Nik giggles.
Raffe rolls his eyes, taking a swig of beer.

" I don't think he'd succeed" Kiara scoffs." Agh shit" she says clenching her side.

" Oh my god are you ok?"

" Yep" she winces and tries giving me a reassuring smile.
I give her a concerned glance then suddenly notice Raffe doing the same.
I watch as she mouths " I'm fine" toward him.
Quickly, I turn my head away to face Enzo.

" So then" I say,

" What ball is this bastard Alessandro talking about?" I take a sip of my drink then wait for an answer.

" It's an annual Masquerade ball hosted by the Falcons that lasts all night. The next one is in a couple of weeks. That's why we need to go ball gown shopping" Enzo explains, taking a sip of his whiskey.

" We?" I question, grinning.

" Why do you care what dress I wear, I'm pretty sure you'd rather see me without it huh?"
He smirks,staring back down at his whiskey.

" Yes we Cel. Who else is gonna pay for such expensive dresses?"
I mock a laugh at him, facing back to everyone else.

" Every year is so fucking fun" Nik bellows, leaning back into his chair and smiling as if reminiscing the memories.

" What like when we found seventeen year you getting a blow job from a forty year old woman?" Enzo snickers, shaking his head in laughter. Kiara grimaces taking a swig of her beer.

" The funniest part about that is when her husband punched you after" Raffe adds on,chuckling loudly too.

" Worth it though. She was well good. Now that is what you fucking call a milf!"
Nik leans back in his chair further, beaming widely.