78

"How are you feeling?" The doctor asked, holding some sort of check book.

"Fine." She replied.

"Do you remember your name? Your age? How you got into this condi—" he was cut off by Lea, "I said I'm fine!" The doctor jumped at her outburst but composed himself, "We'll keep you under observation for another twenty four hours and then you'll be discharged, Ms Romano."

"Right" she looked at me, "Where's Nick?"

"Probably on his way here" I replied, "I told the others that you woke up so, yeah, they must be on their way."

She smiled, drinking the rest of the water found in the glass she was holding. She then placed it on the small table beside.

"I need a bath" she muttered, before looking at the doctor, "leave."

"Rude lady," the doctor said before leaving slamming the door shut on his way out. Lea turned to me, "Help me?" I nodded and helped her stand up. Since she was still weak, she wouldn't be able to do it alone. There was a private bathroom in the room.

After helping her, she went inside. Few minutes later, she came back and I saw that she changed into a new and clean pair of clothes which I brought for her. Actually, I brought these clothes months ago because one can never be too careful. I mean what if she woke up and had no clothes to change to? I also brought her a new toothbrush and all that, placing them in the bathroom. She must've used it.

She went back to sit on the bed and smiled, "Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me."

"I heard everything you said." She bit her lip, "I heard you telling me how much you love me and how much you hated yourself for what you did. You know, each time you said those three words, I wanted to say it back but I couldn't. I love you so m—" before she could continue what she was about to say, I crashed my lips on hers, pouring my soul into the kiss.

One of my hand were on the headboard, holding my body, preventing me from falling on her while the other was rested on the side of her face. I groaned when she shoved her tongue inside my mouth and our tongues began fighting for dominance. Before we could end this, the door flew open making both her and I part away instantly.

"Mommy!" Nick chirped, running towards her. I picked him up and placed him on the bed. He instantly hugged Lea making her chuckle, "I missed you so much, baby."

"I missed you too, mommy." Nick mumbled, hugging her tighter, "I came to see you everyday." He broke the hug and showed her his ten small fingers, "every day."

"Sleeping beauty's awake, guys!" Alessio sat on the corner of the bed and pulled his sister for a hug. "I missed you."

"I missed you too" Lea hugged him back, "and where's that girlfriend of yours?" She had a teasing smile on her face making Alessio laugh, "she's busy. She said she'll come later but don't worry, you'll meet her."

"I can't wait." Lea chuckled just as one by one of my family members started coming into the room. They all hugged her, greeted her and express how happy they were that she was alright.

"Where's mom?" Lea asked Alessio who sighed, "I didn't tell her about this. She thinks you're on a mission in a country where there's no electricity."

"And she bought the lie?"

"Yep" Alessio chuckled, "she sure did. I didn't want to stress her more. You know, she's been through a lot with that dickhead."

"Dickhead." Nick repeated, "who is the dickhead?"

"Don't say that." I said to Nick in a warning tone, "It's a bad word."

"But Ess says it. Why can't I?"

"Ess? Why don't you call him uncle?" Lea asked her brows knitted into confusion.

"Because he told me that he's too young to be called uncle." Nick giggled, "so he told me to call him Ess."

Alessio grinned at his words, "That's right. I'm only twenty two."

"He's a twenty year old dickhead." Nick muttered, "sorry. I won't say it again."

"Good" Lea said, pulling Nick to her, "God, I missed you so much." She kissed his forehead making him smile, "me too, mommy. I love you."

My phone started ringing so I went outside to answer it. It was Sean who said that he couldn't come since he was busy but he would come tomorrow. I disconnected the call after replying to him and was about to enter the room when Alessio came out.

"Wait, I need to tell you something." He said as he leaned against the wall.

"What is it?"

"I need you to take Lea and Nick away from here." He replied, "look both you and Lea need a long ass holiday. Go somewhere where you're all safe."

"I know." I already planned everything for us, "We'll leave as soon as she's discharged. I've already spoken to Antonio and he agreed to take over temporarily. Dad will provide him with any help he needs."

"Great. Just don't forget to invite me when you two get married." He said before hugging me. Damn. He really was changing. Alessio would barely hug someone on his own will except Nick and Lea as I've noticed.

He then broke the hug before leaving the hospital with a smile playing on his lips, no doubt to see his girlfriend.

➷➷➷➷➷