Caretaker

Uraraka slowly pulled off the mask while looking at the bandaged girl, kneeling until they were the same height. "It'll be alright. I won't hurt you," Uraraka smiled.

The managed girl ran into Uraraka's arm as the girl's caretaker appeared around the corner. "Eri, you shouldn't cause people problems."

Putting the mask back on, Uraraka picked up the girl and held her close, "So her name is Eri, why is she bandaged?"

The man froze briefly, as seeing Eri in Uraraka's arms was the worst-case scenario for him. Overhaul gave him two orders, don't let Eri out of his sight and for Uraraka to not meet Eri. For failing both, Overhaul would not let him off easily.

"Could I ask you to hand her back and forget this entire thing?" The man asked.

Eri would shake her head and try to bury her face into Uraraka's chest, "I don't think she wants to go with you."

"At least help me escort her back to her room," The man's words were shaky, trying to find the best way to avoid Overhaul's wrath.

"Don't worry. I'll try to do something to help you," Uraraka whispers to Eri as she follows the man to the young girl's room. The room reminded Uraraka you would see at a children's hospital. Coloured walls to help the children remain calm, toys and books on the shelves, even unopened toys on the floor.

"Just lay her down, and I'll look after her," The man offered.

"I told you, she doesn't want to be with you," Uraraka responded as she sat down on the bed.

Familiar voices could be heard in the halls as Overhaul had returned and headed to Eri's room. Seeing the door open and Uraraka inside caused him to glare at Eri's caretaker.

"W-Wait, I can explain," The man stammers before Overhaul reduces him to a red puddle smeared against the wall.

Overhaul turned his gaze to Uraraka, "how about you explain what happened?" Overhaul's gaze had Eri crying into Uraraka, terrified of the man before her. Uraraka would take a deep breath and tells Overhaul the situation. "Given the circumstances, I'll need a new babysitter, and you're gonna be that babysitter."

Uraraka looks down at Eri, having many questions she wanted to ask about the young girl but knew Overhaul wouldn't answer any of them. "I'll do my best," Uraraka responds.

"I'll be coming by later to give Eri a checkup," Overhaul's words caused Eri to whimper and cling to Uraraka more. "Mimic, keep an eye on them when you can."

"Understood," the little doll replied as Overhaul and the group walked out of the room.

"Maybe you could tell me about yourself?" Uraraka asked, wanting Eri to open up.

"I don't like it here," as Eri spoke, tears were welling up in her eyes. "Overhaul keeps cutting me open, saying I'll save people, but all I see is blood."

Uraraka would slowly stroke Eri's head as the young girl spoke. "I can't do much for you right now, but I'll listen to everything you have to say."

"I don't want this stupid quirk because of it people die. If you do anything, he'll kill you too."

"Shh, it'll be alright. He won't kill me for taking care of you like this."

Uraraka would continue to comfort Eri as she cried in Uraraka's arms. However, Overhaul reappeared and took Eri away for her checkup. Though Uraraka couldn't hear it, she could imagine the screams the girl must be letting out.

With the League of Villains, Izuku would be in the office twirling a stick in his hand as a student would to a pencil. "What's on your mind?" Mr. Compress asked as he entered.

"Kurogiri's request, I'm not sure if I want to accept it," Izuku replied.

"What kind of request is it?"

Izuku let go of the stick as it hit the ground, his eyes looking over to Mr. Compress, "Ah, that's right, he wants to get us someone who's as strong a mountain but says finding him is sometimes troublesome. I wouldn't mind normally, but without him, our mobility would become limited."

"I believe that's the worst lie you've ever told. If that was your problem, then Twice could clone Kurogiri whenever you needed," Mr. Compress points out.

"Alright, I didn't want to admit I'd miss him. He's been by my side longer than anyone. While All for One is my teacher, Kurogiri's has been my caretaker. I know he'd do anything if I ordered it like an obedient puppet, but I would feel lonely without him around," Izuku would sigh again, "I'd better go tell him his request is approved. With that settled, what did you originally come here to tell me?"

"After Overhaul left, I've been looking into recent events caused by villains and noticed something about heroes temporarily losing their quirks," Mr. Compress explains.

"Hmm, keep looking into it. If it is connected, then allying with Overhaul may not be such a bad idea," Izuku was hoping this drug would work on One for All, but if Overhaul became an enemy, then the drug might be used on All for One. Even if used temporarily, what kind of damage could he cause by stopping an ability that uses multiple quirks.

At UA a few days later, Shimura would be up on the roof talking with Era. Being the only person able to interact with her, he didn't want her to feel alone. During one of their simple chats, his phone would go off, "A text from Uraraka?"

"The girl, your school forced out, you mentioned she could've been the one attacking drug dealers," Era recollected what Shimura told her.

Shimura bit his lip as he read the text, "She seems to of gotten in some trouble with villains, her parents are hostages, and there seems to be a young girl used in some experiments."

Era's eyes opened wide as she heard Shimura read the texts, "what's the girl's name?" she whispered.

"I'm sorry I didn't catch what you asked."

"What's the girl's name!" Era shouted, her breathing becoming hysterical.

"Eri is her name."

"Mom."