☾74

All the things I did just so I could call you mine

It wouldn't stop hurting.

A turbulent storm cutting through her, cascading down with sharp pricks of pain piercing through her every inch of skin to deep within where her heart lays.

The brutal affliction of their breakup had caused a constant deep ache throughout her body, feeling weighted down from the moment she awoke to the moment she closed her eyes.

A lingering lonesomeness attached to her constantly, everything just felt off. Yeonhee didn't realise how much of an impact Mark had on her day to day life, something as simple as a morning text that she always got when he woke up for schedules or the random short calls as she wanted to know what he was up to.

Sat slumped on her living room sofa, she stared at the tv screen which was illuminated with the show she wasn't even interested in playing. The scenes changed yet Yeonhee couldn't focus as they flickered by- a numb feeling creeping up on her.

If Mark was here with her right now, he'd be asking several questions about what was happening and she would lightly kick him with her foot to tell him to be quiet to which he'd gently kick her back- fuelling a challenging look from the girl.

A bittersweet feeling tingled through her, almost as if she could envision the way his contagious laughter filled up the air at her glares which he'd just call cute even if she was trying to come across as angry.

Even though she knew they both weren't going to contact each other, she still checked her phone often and even in the group chats but his interactions were rarely there.

The week had felt as if it had been painfully dragging on as it was taunting her on the fact she was now back in the place where she had never met him but this time it was different.

It wasn't as if she was looking at the boy though the screen as a fan, smiling at the videos she came across of him through promotions and contents being released.

Yeonhee had spent the last few months with him, online, in person too. She could recite the words he'd say whenever she made a joke about him, she could picture where each of his moles where and how she'd be laying there next to him as his eyes were glued on his phone screen.

"You know, if I drew a big curve here like it would look like a smiley face on your neck cuz these would be the eyes." Yeonhee said, her finger tracing along the skin of his neck which made him squirm.
"Dude, that tickles." His nose scrunched up at the feeling.
"That tickles." Yeonhee mocked, earning an offended look from her boyfriend.