33

Sorry. I was actually supposed to update sooner but I was on Netflix so....

Vittore's POV

"Sir. He's awake."

My gaze moved from my phone to Maddox. I slid the device in my pocket and walked across my now destroyed lawn, past the crashed car in the side of my building to where my men had tied up one of the survivors of the failed attack.

I stood in front of the man that recently had a bullet wound in his stomach and knee. The sun shine brightly in the sky and there was a stiff breeze that blew past me. The man looked up, his eyes showing nothing but fear. The snake tattoo on the side of his neck was familiar. Sante Di Laura dared to send his men into my home.

"Why were you here?" I asked darkly, glaring at the now trembling man.

"I- I- it was't..."

"I don't understand gibberish so you better speak the fuck up. Now," I commanded.

"It was for revenge! Revenge for stealing from our boss," the coward said and I narrowed my gaze at him before turning to one of my men.

"Bring me the blowtorch," I told him and he went without a word. The coward was now scrambling with his words and speech but we both knew he was lying. "I'm going to give you this one chance before they bring what I asked for. Tell me why you were here and maybe I'll let you live."

"Y-y-you have to believe me. The boss just wanted r-revenge," the coward stuttered but I really didn't like being lied to. It wasn't long until the blowtorch was placed in my hands. I turned it on and placed it on one of the man's bound arms and his scream echoed through my estate.

"Why did you come?" I asked for the last time. The coward's face was red as tears rolled down his cheeks. He could barely get a word out and I sighed, knowing this was useless. I turned the blowtorch on again, placing it on his forehead.

The last of his screams were loud as his face melted and his eyes turned lifeless before me. Once his body slumped in the chair, I held out the blowtorch and it was taken out of my hands.

"Sir we found them," Alexa said walking up to me, a tablet in hand.

"Where?"

"Somewhere at the edge of the town in some hotel I think..." she mumbled, closely looking at her screen, more specifically, the tracker I'd put in my mother. Alexa was sporting a black eye, courtesy of me for not being around when this shit went down. I have no idea where she was and she didn't have to tell me but purple was a good colour on her.

"I'll go get them," I said, walking to the garage to pick out a car.

"I'll arrange a transport team-"

"Alone Alexa," I interrupted, grabbing a keys from the set and clicking the button only for a sleek black ford raptor to light up.

I walked over, opening the door and sliding in. I started the car, making the engine roar to life before I drove out of my estate. Alexa had already sent me the location on my phone so I used that to get to where my mother was. My hands were tightened around the wheel, my mind swimming. I couldn't focus on one thing alone. There was Sante Di Laura, my mother and...

"You have arrived at your destination..."

I parked the car at the entrance of a crappy motel and jumped out. I walked inside, no one really in sight. I walked around the counter and rummaged around until I found a book, memorizing the rooms that had been given out last night. There was only one so I made my way down the disgusting lobby, using the numbers to find the door I hoped my mother was in.