twenty one.

"It's about Katsuki!"

THIRD POV

Y/n's head shot up and turned towards the unfamiliar voice, and their appearance caused her eyes to widen.

"Kat? Am I dreaming or is that you? Oh my, I think I'm going crazy..."

The being laughed at the girl's confusion, Y/n staring up at them.

"No sweetie, I'm his mum, Mitsuki," the woman said. Y/n rubbed her eyes to get a clearer look, and indeed, she did look like the female version of her boyfriend.

His mum? Fuck, I look so bad right now, this is not how I would want to meet her...

Y/n frantically attempted to neaten her rather shabby appearance by petting her hair down and removing the crisps that were bunched between her eyes. Mitsuki just giggled at her and shook her head.

"Don't do that! You look fine. After all, today has been a sad day for all of us. Give yourself a break," she reassured, taking a seat next to the girl.

The two sat in silence, listening to the monitors and eyeing Bakugou's hospital room door.

"Do... do you think he'll be okay?" Y/n questioned hesitantly. She knew her boyfriend was strong; she just need an extra bit of consolation from an external party.

Mitsuki looked at the girl with soft eyes. "You're really fond of him, aren't you? You both compliment each other very well."

Y/n's eyes widened. "He's... told you about us?"

"Not really. I forced him to tell me."

"Forced?"

"Yeah. Remember the second festival? He came home dejected, like he was missing something. I asked him what went wrong that day, and he grumbled something about a girl. On that same weekend, he came back glowing, like he finally found what he had been missing. Which I then pinned back to you, and judging from you being here, I guess I was correct."

Wow. I can totally see where he got his smarts from, Y/n thought, gazing at the older female.

The two continued to sit in silence when Y/n's phone rang.

"Hey Mich, what's up? And why are you up this early?"

"You need to come to class today. The teachers excused us for what happened yesterday but said we'll get in trouble if we don't show up. Also, we're like, famous you know," Michiko gushed on the phone while Y/n sighed.

"Alright, I'll be there in the morning. Thanks for telling me love." She said, cutting the phone. Y/n stood up and stretched and grabbed her belongings before quickly facing Mitsuki. She bowed with respect.

"I apologize for not formally introducing myself and us meeting in unlikely circumstances. My name is Y/n L/n."

"I know honey, it says it on your bag label."

Y/n laughed sheepishly. "Right... Um, I have to go back to school right now. Hopefully we can see each other soon-"

"And how will you get there?"

"I'll call a cab I guess..."

Mitsuki eyed he girl. "Nonsense, I'll drive you there. It's risky for a pretty girl like you to drive in cabs late at night you know?" She said as she stood up and headed for the exit downstairs. Y/n stood stunned before gathering her thoughts and hurrying after the older woman.

The two drove off back to UA grounds in the beautiful night lights of Musutafu. It was quite calming for the girl, as her evening was filled with tears and sadness. Mitsuki didn't want to disturb the girl or converse much, because she knew that the girl's mental state was not stable.

They arrived shortly after, and Y/n bowed again to show her gratitude.

"Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. I'm sorry if I wasn't in the best mood today," she muttered, but Mitsuki just chuckled at her honesty.

"I know how you're feeling kid, and don't beat yourself up too much. Katsuki is strong. I know he'll get through it and come back even stronger," she replied, engulfing Y/n in a hug, shocking the girl.

As the two embraced, Y/n felt warmer than she had ever felt in the entire downcast evening.

.•° ✿ °•.

"We would have suspended you if it wasn't for your mother sending that note. You can't just leave school grounds like that," Midnight, the pro hero, lectured the girl.

Y/n had only gotten a few hours of sleep before she was called into the faculty lounge for a briefing. What the elders were saying was going through one ear, and out the other due to the girl's exhaustion.

"'m sorry, it won't happen again. I just needed to see if they were alright," she muttered lazily, her half lidded eyes staring at the pro heroes in the room.

Principal Nezu noticed the girl's tired state and sighed.

"Y/n, what you did was rash and risky, but you had pure intentions. We will not give you a harsh punishment, but you will be cleaning the second year classrooms for an entire week. That is all," he dismissed. The girl stood up and walked out wordlessly.

TIMESKIP

It had been three days since Y/n's punishment, and not a single word from the hero course's conditions. Nezu also banned her from going to the hospital to check on her boyfriend. Her mood was getting worse and worse as the days went by.

"Cheer up. Your punishment is almost over, it's just two more days," Michiko tried telling the girl, but Y/n was too salty to listen.

"It's so stupid. I can do the cleaning, but not letting me see him? It's like jail," she snapped, flipping the chairs up onto the tables.

"Yeah, that part was really unnecessary-" she was cut off by Y/n's cell phone ringing.

"It's my mum," she told Michiko, who shrugged. "Hey mum, what's up?"

"It's about Katsuki!"

Y/n's heart started beating faster. "Okay, what about him?" She answered quickly, her foot tapping on the floor out of anxiety.

"He woke up from his comma!"

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Hey! This chapter was so boring I KNOW. But the next chapter might have smut if the build up is executed well which I will make sure of ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) This chapter was just for the build up. Also, y'all are so smart, how did you know it was Mitsuki?! When I saw your comments I almost wanted to change it and make it Shigaraki LOL. Once again, I hope you all still enjoyed it!

Don't forget to vote, comment, (you probably already know by now ;) )

Stay safe lovelies!

-M