Three: Different

"Well, I didn't expect you'd get this far. Beyond my plan's expectations and my own tolerances," A voice spoke up as Fujimaru, Mash and Olga stood in the boss room, where Saber had just been eliminated. "Master candidate number forty eight. It was my mistake to naively overlook you as an improbable child," Professor Lev said, now holding the Holy Grail.

"Professor Lev?" Mash's eyes were wide.

"Lev?" Doctor Roman repeated, surprise clear in his voice. "Professor Lev, you say? He's there?"

"Is that Romani I hear? So you survived as well," Lev didn't seemed pleased to hear that. Fujimaru was almost too stunned to talk, but he knew one thing for sure: the professor Lev he'd met in the hallway was long gone. "I told you to come to the command room immediately, but it seems you didn't listen. Honestly," He shook his head. "Trash who can't even follow orders. Just the mere sight of it makes me want to-"

He was interrupted as something blasted through the wall of the cave. "Senpai!" Mash used her shield to cover him. As the dust settled, those gathered in the boss room could see that a corrupted servant was being vaporized, slumped against the wall on the other side of Lev.

"He was weaker than I thought," Aleksei commented, his hands still in his pockets as he sauntered in through the hole he'd made when he'd kicked Berserker, his two remaining servants following after him. "Oh well, better for me. Now then, time for the actual boss," He threw the sword he'd taken from Berserker towards Lev, who dodged easily.

"How rude-" He tutted, just about to land. However, he landed a few seconds before he was supposed to have landed, and instead of lightly setting foot, his back slammed against the wall of the cave.

"Wait! What are you doing?!" Olga demanded as Aleksei stood in front of Lev, a hand gripping his throat.

"I don't leave loose ends. Fujimaru, catch," He tossed the Holy Grail to the other master, who caught it but fumbled slightly.

"M-master candidate number o-one," Lev's eyes were wide, his teeth bared. "Aleksei Vasiliev."

"Another miscalculation on your part," He looked completely disinterested as he said this. "Now, this miscalculation will kill you."

"Vasiliev!" Olga screamed desperately, but it was too late as Aleksei snapped Lev's neck, let his body drop, and then beheaded him and carved out his heart as his comrades watched in absolute horror. Iskandar yawned as Medusa looked away.

"Just in case. Who knows, he might have been able to regenerate or something," He explained, knowing his actions might have been seen as a stretch. "Doctor Roman, please start the ray shift back."

"Uh-- y-yes! On it," Romani did as told, too shocked to argue with the one who'd put him in that state. A few seconds later, as the dimensional rift was forming, Romani activated the rayshift just in time and transported them all back to Chaldea.

"Welcome back!" Romani greeted, and immediately as the five regained consciousness, Fujimaru decided it was nap time and fainted.

"I'll take care of him," A woman spoke up, seemingly having appeared from nowhere. "By the way, I'm very impressed Aleksei~"

"I was simply doing my job," He responded coldly, causing a pout to form on the woman's face.

"Awww, don't be like that!"

"You have a patient, so I think it best if you focus on the task at hand rather than me," He advised. "Doctor Roman, I'd like a debrief of the goings on while we were away."

"Uh, okay," Romani blinked in surprise.

"Wait," Mash spoke up. "What about the director?"

"Like I said earlier," Aleksei closed his eyes as he massaged his temples. "She was already dead. Here, at least. The only thing that remained of her consciousness was what you saw and interacted with."

"O-oh," She looked down sadly, her hands balled at her sides.

"How'd you even know what, Vasiliev?" Romani asked curiously.

"I had checked for survivors when the blast first happened, and the only one I could find was Mash. I had seen the director but she was long gone," He explained. "Now then, please get on with the report."

~•~

"You want me to summon a servant?" Aleksei asked incredulously as Romani and Da Vinci looked at him expectantly. "Right now? Even though we already have two?"

"Yes! While it's true they are exceptional, it's better to have more hands on deck so that we can plan accordingly," Da Vinci told him. "Don't worry, as soon as you've made a contract, you can go rest."

"Great, cause I have a splitting headache and it is entirely your fault," Aleksei sent a glare her way before sighing. "Then let's get started."

"Follow me!" Da Vinci beamed, leading him to the room where the summoning circle was drawn. Since we worked well together, I want to summon Cu Chulainn. Make it happen. "Alright, do you know what to do?"

"Yes," Aleksei began the incantation after checking to make sure everything was in order. With each word, the circle lit up more. Then, a blinding light filled the room.

"Lancer Class servant," Cu Chulainn stood in the middle of the summoning circle, holding a spear. "I have been summoned and come at your request. Nice to see you again, Aleksei."

"You as well," The master nodded in greeting. Works every time.

"Perfect! Well done, Alek-chan!" Da Vinci clapped, her eyes swimming with amusement.

"Don't you dare hug me."

"Wouldn't dream of it, sweetie," She giggled.

"Chulainn, I'll leave you with Da Vinci while I go take a rest," Aleksei instructed. "Feel free to check in with the Riders too."

"Then have a good rest, Master," The servant grinned in reply. Doing just that, Aleksei was the last to wake up the next day. "Morning," Chulainn glanced at him, having been outside of his room waiting for him.

"Good morning," He returned, yawning a second later. "Let me guess, command room?"

"You got it."

"I need food," Aleksei grumbled, when suddenly his servant produced a plate with mouth watering food on it. "You're a life saver, Chulainn," He accepted the plate as the lancer laughed.

"I'm glad to be of service, but you should probably eat while we walk since everyone is waiting for us."

"Right," He agreed. "Where are the other two?"

"In the command room."

"Ah, shoulda guessed," Soon enough, the two arrived in the command room, greeted by the others waiting there which included Romani, Da Vinci, Iskandar, Medusa, Mash and Fujimaru.

"Right, we're all here," Romani glanced around as they stood in a circle. "Shall we get started?"