Chapter 68

***THIS IS A TRIPLE UPDATE - 66, 67 AND 68***

Chapter 68

RIVER'S P.O.V.:

Harry was trying to kill me. I was sure of it.

All of the flirting, the touching, the insistent denial just to get me frustrated. I was just about ready to tell him to go to hell. That his hands were allowed nowhere in my general vicinity unless he put them to good use but of course, the moment his fingers actually did drift close to me, that resolve melted. I melted and forgot every last one of those thoughts.

"Are we going back to the villa?" I asked, blindly following Harry to our next destination.

Harry ignored me. "Can you send me those photos?"

"Will you tell me where we're going?"

"No."

"Then I won't send you the pictures."

He rolled his eyes and shot his arm out to wrap around my waist, giving me only seconds to react, when his hand ducked into the purse beneath my arm and snagged my phone.

"Dude," my mouth parted with a shocked, but amused nonetheless, breath. "Pick pocket."

"You should actually be worried about those," he muttered back, keeping his arm locked tightly around my waist as he transferred the device to his opposite hand and began to unlock it. "It was far too easy for me to just grab that on you."

"Normally I don't let random people just hang around in such close proximity to me," I defended. "You just got lucky."

"Lucky," he scoffed, eyes now locked on my phone. "Sure."

"Where are we going?" I asked again.

Harry finished sending himself the photos, made a remark about how I'd yet to change the contact name for him in my phone, and then proceeded to shove it in his back pocket. My phone. He rolled up the sleeves of his pink blouse, pushing them just past his elbows, before reaching for me again.

"Nope," he finally said. "Not telling. You'll find out in a bit."

"You know what I think?" My eyes drifted toward the sky as I spoke, noting how the sun was due to start setting soon. I couldn't believe we'd spent the entire day just wandering around the town together, out and about. "I think I could go for that nap now. The villa is seeming like a really great option–"

"You know what I think?" Harry cut me off, pulling from my throat a surprised yelp when he suddenly spun around and grabbed me by the waist, backing me against the wall of the stone steps we'd just begun to descent. His gaze flicked from my eyes to my mouth, and he wet his lower lip with his tongue. "I think..." he began, trailing a slow path of kisses down my neck, "that you should just be honest with me, rather than expect me to read your mind. I'm a man who likes when people are vocal about what they want and if I'm correct in assuming what exactly it is you want when we get back to the villa, I think I'd just like to hear you say it, sweet girl."

He gave my waist a squeeze, pulling away just enough to look at me. I huffed out an irritated breath. "I already told you what I want."

"Mm," Harry hummed. He reached up to grip my chin, tilting me higher to face him. His mouth hovered just inches from mine, until we were breathing the same breaths. His voice was just above a whisper when he responded, "I think I'd like to hear you say it again."

In a moment of weakness, I angled my chin higher, in a brazen attempt to kiss him but he dropped his hand to my jaw and held me away from him. "You're..." I was breathing a little heavily now, the pent-up sexual frustration of the past couple of days hitting me full force, "You're annoying."