[13] I DON'T LIKE BROTHERS

· ────────── ·

· ────────── ·

"I LIKE YOU, Saiki Kusuo."

Those were the last four words he heard before shutting down his brain. Yes, he knew that was going to happen. He was no fool. However, he hadn't thought about how he would react once [Y/N] finally confessed to him.

Well, mind gone blank, no words spoken, made her cry. Best outcome ever, am I right?!

Haha, Saiki is now drowning in an indescribable emptiness.

Yeah, it was a disaster. Saiki couldn't even open his mouth to answer her, nor move his head or anything. He had passed out, standing there. In fact, he couldn't even hear the complete confession! Kusuo just stopped listening after mere seconds.

Saiki stood there, alone in the roof for an hour or so, still paralyzed, when his mouth opened. It was maybe because his brain had finally processed what had happened; you could deduce that by analyzing his expression. You know, for someone so clever like Saiki Kusuo —who's a literal psychic—, he sure took long to react.

It was already night when his right knee twitched. He had spent the entire morning and evening simply standing there, reminiscing about his life, and debating what to answer [Y/N]. Although, of course, she had been long gone.

A bird had to poop on his head for him to realize how long it had passed since he had been with [Y/N]. And just by thinking of her, a sense of regret filled his mind. No butterflies right now, only sorrow.

As no one was around him, Saiki teleported himself to his bedroom, where he was all alone again... Or was he?

Suddenly, a flash of a red laser passed by his right ear, almost touching him and hitting the wall instead. He quickly took off his germanium ring while staring at his opponent with an angry face.

"Oh, little brother! I almost caught you," said Kusuke, lamenting his error while shaking his head. "Still, I'm surprised you didn't doge it sooner. Huh, I wonder if you got tired of our war."

The older Saki playfully laughed at his mockery. Yet inside, his mind race with hundreds of possibilities. Was his brother running out of psychic's power?

Good grief. I am tired of wars.

"What are you doing here?"

"Do I need a reason to come to my house from my prestigious English university?" a silent noise followed his words. Saiki —the younger one— raised his eyebrows at his brother, resisting the urge to teleport himself to another place. One far away from his bedroom. "Fine! I'm here for an award show. It's the fourth I win... Jealous, perhaps?"

Kusuke laughed out loud, making him sound even more wicked than before. Kusuo rolled his eyes to the back of his head.

If anyone annoyed him more than 'Kaidou and crew,' it was his brother Kusuke. He always had something to bother him with. Be it building a "Telepathy Canceler" to block him from reading his thoughts or a literal laser that made a big hole in one of his walls. Yet, he never knew why.