chapter twenty-six: árma

Hi, I missed you. Sexual content in this one, but it's nothing compared to what's coming in the next chapter.

***

Harry wasn't very familiar with the art of showing love. Before Scarlett, all of his interactions with other people were purely work and occasionally play. He loved excelling at whatever he did. Bartering, sealing a deal with a particularly tough client, or securing a new piece of art. He was a god at all of it.

It's what made him notoriously feared and equally as sought after for a job. He had all forms of law tucked under his belt, and whether that was of their own accord or not, didn't matter to him. He had a kind of intimidation on his side that would forever stand unmatched.

Play. Another thing he excelled at. He was really good at fucking.

He was good at foreplay. Good at sourcing someone who wanted what he did. A brief spark of pleasure that was mind-numbingly euphoric. He counted on it to drown out his inner sorrows, to focus on something when he was wanting to avoid his past. He'd been pushed to go on a few dates over the years, Sebastian always setting him up with people but nothing stuck.

What he wasn't good at was a connection that stemmed past an orgasm. He knew how to establish a connection with any man or woman he was sexually attracted to, but it never ran deep.

That being said, he'd learned a lot through Scarlett. The initial attraction he had for her was sexual, but there was something more there. It was in the way she challenged him. The way that she didn't cower or cringe at how bold he was. She was equally as audacious as him, daring in her lust and testing him.

With her honesty and her acceptance, Scarlett became a safe haven for Harry. His precious little Venus. He adored her more and more every day and at first, he was petrified at the prospect. But after realising how good it felt to be open with her, his fear slowly started to dissipate.

While he still struggled to find ways to show his affections, he didn't see any reason not to follow his heart. He was always touching her. Mostly with his fingertips, toying with the ends of her hair, he loved holding her hand, squeezing her thigh.

But above all else, he loved kissing her. When their lips met, the world around them ceased to exist and at that moment, Harry could imagine he was a simpler man who was simply head over heels for an extraordinary woman.

Scarlett and Harry were horrendously busy in their own lives the days following their date. He missed her- he was never too busy for that. He made sure to send her good morning and good night texts and tell her how much he wished he was with her. Scarlett, on the other hand, was swamped at work but in no way did the workload do anything to distract her from him. Moreover, the texts she'd sent him that night.

Your cock is so good. Tell me you miss fucking me. Fuck, I'm close.

She wondered what kept him so busy at The Blue Ribbon, and further pondered what additional work he had behind the bar. His work hours often differed which one could pencil down to bar life.

But he also went on many work trips and that was what she couldn't figure out. He also had an obscene amount of money, and luxuries and surely the bar on its own didn't earn him that much of an income.

She missed his body, being at mercy to his control and knowing he'd take such good care of her. She missed his mind, how it was slowly blooming open and allowing her glimpses inside of the maze-like complexity of him.

As she returned home for the day, she was a giddy mess as the front desk told her of a flower delivery. A brief panic has set in before they had assured her that a man had dropped them off, claiming to be Sebastian, a friend of Mr. Styles.