Zone 3 - Act 3: Cavalry Battle (S2)

(Narrator's P.O.V)

After the first round, the second game was picked. It was a cavalry battle. Midnight then explained further.

Midnight: "A cavalry battle with the rope 43 from the qualifier! Those at the top will suffer more. You'll hear this many times as you attend U.A. This is what 'Plus Ultra' means!"

She then makes her whip aim at Izuku.

Midnight: "Izuku Midoriya, who placed first in the qualifier, is worth ten million points!"

Izuku felt everyone around him, stared him down.

Izuku: "*Thought* I just managed to get top spot out of luck..."

Midnight then turned everyone's attention towards the holographic screen.

Midnight: "Now then, I will explain the rules of the cavalry battle."

The screen then displayed All Might, Thirteen, Present Mic, and Snipe, but he was blocked by All Might. However, the screen was much different. There were signs next to a person, to tell how much points they're worth.

Midnight: "The time limit is fifteen minutes. Each team is worth the total of its members' points, and the riders will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads. Teams will try to grab each other's headbands until time runs out, and try to keep as many points as they can. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal, the harder it'll be to mange them! And the most important thing is that even if your headband gets stolen, or if your team falls, you're not out!"

Momo: "Which means..."

Sato: "...since there are 43 people, there could possibly be ten or twelve or fourteen teams on the field the whole time?"

Aoyama: "That's tough."

Mina: "One strategy could be to let someone take your points so you'll be more free."

Tsuyu: "It's hard to say without seeing how all the points end up getting split up, Mina."

Midnight: "During the game, it'll be a cruel fight where you can use your Quirks. But it is still a cavalry battle. You'll get a red card for attacks that are trying to make people fall on purpose! You'll be removed immediately!"

The screen then displayed a timer with 15 minutes on it.

Midnight: "Now, you have fifteen minutes to build your teams. Start!"

Everyone then began to form their teams. Izuku was standing still, while in his thoughts.

Izuku: "*Thought* Fifteen minutes, huh? Well points don't really matter in my case. The people I want on my team are... these three!"

[Meanwhile]

In a break room for staff, Mt. Lady, Death Arms, and Kamui Woods we're taking a break from their patrols, and were taking a break. Death Arms was smoking a cigarette, Kamui Woods was drinking some water, and Mt. Lady was relax, as the three were watching the second game go down.

Death Arms: "The U.A. sports festival is more about simulating the competition they'll face as heroes than seeing how prepared they are to be heroes."

Mt. Lady: "Huh? What are you talking about?"

Death Arms then puffs the smoke of his cigarette, before talking again.

Death Arms: "In a world crowded with hero agencies, in order to put food on the table, there are times when you have to kick down others in order to show your stuff. That was what the obstacle course race in the qualifier was, right?"