Prolouge

A brunette-haired woman was getting rushed into the hospital.

She was going into labor.

Her husband was right by her side, whispering soothing words in her ear.

But she didn't need it.

She was calm and collected.

She had been waiting for this moment for what felt like thousands of years.

She was ready.

The medics rushed her into an open hospital room.
They lifted her onto the hospital bed.

"What the hell?!? Why would you put her down so roughly?!?" Her husband yelled.

The medics paid no mind to his little comment. Just checking her vitals making sure she was okay.

"The obstetricians will be with you shortly." A hot black medic said.

All the medics walked out of the room, leaving them alone.

Her husband went and sat by her side holding her hand.

His eyes were red from all the crying and worrying he had been doing.

"Adam, why are you crying?" She asked.

"What do you mean why I'm crying Serene? You know why." Adam grumbled.

Serene took his hand into hers, kissing it.

Adam instantly calmed down.

"Baby I'm so sorry this had to happen. But it was going to happen eventually. There is nothing that can stop it." Serene says in a soothing tone.

"Serene, witches exist! Magic exists! We CAN do something!" Adam raised his voice a little bit.

Serene gave him a look to calm the hell down.

"This isn't up for debate. Nothing can stop fate. You know this. You knew this was going to happen when we got married." Serene said. "You knew what you were getting into."

"Is it a crime that I love you?!?! Is it a crime that I want my wife to live? Raise our daughter together?!? We already have a son!" Adam exclaimed. "Do you not care about your family?"

"Adam, Stop. You know I don't want this. You know that I would do anything to have a family. But I can't. They won't allow it. It's not natural, it's out of order, and it's dark. Dark magic."

"I don't care if it's dark magic or not! I want you, this baby, and our little boy. Is it hard to ask? I don't care what type of magic it is! I'll do anything to see my family happy and safe!"

"Even with dark magic, it wouldn't last long. Probably just a day or two." Serene said.

"I don't care. We'll find a way. Maybe if we use it, we'll find something that can make you stay longer." Adam started thinking about it...

If he-

"ADAM! NO! We aren't using dark magic! It's forbidden! It'll get me locked up!"

"That's a lie! If you're this all-powerful being you should be able to control how you die!" Adam yelled.

"Adam you know it doesn't work like that. If I knew a natural and safe way I would've done it. And just because I'm "all-powerful" doesn't mean I don't have boundaries. Everyone dies someday." Serene was done talking about this conversation.