CHAPTER TWO (DREAM RUINED MY DAY CLUB)

author's note ~just want to say that im trying to create a very very different relationship for irl and online content between y/n and dream so please dont attack me for making them mean to each other.. they're rivals that's the point~

The bakery's door rings around 7am.

I glance up from my icing to see who it is. "Randy?" I ask when I see the lanky nineteen year old putting on an apron.

"Hey, I wanted to help out, since it's my fault that everything got messed up."

I begin icing the tiny pink flowers again while I answer him, "Okay sounds good. Do you remember the cake I baked last night for the Rowell's birthday party?"

He nods.

"I need you to ice it with a light blue base coat. I'll decorate it once I finish with these."

"Okay." He rolls the cake near me while I ice. "What time did you get here?"

"4:30." I answer.

I had to get here early to get the small cakes done. We needed enough to serve fifty people, so that means I had to ice all fifty cakes, including the base colors and small details.

"Wow that's early."

"Well I also have other orders I have to get through today, so I had to get these over with before I could start that."

He nods again. "So what did you do last night?"

I never know how to respond to these questions. I can't say that I was streaming since I'm faceless, but I also can't say working because they'll ask questions. "Uh, nothing much. I went to bed pretty early." there that should shut some conversation off.

"Oh that makes sense."

The door of the bakery rings again as Ms Marcy walks through. Thank goodness for her.

Ms Holmes loved the small cakes more than the original plan. She called them 'baby cakes' as a reference to the baby shower. It was kind of genius, to be honest.

I finished the work after a long, exhausting day and I could finally go home. I said goodbye to Ms Marcy and walked down the road to my apartment.

I have to go to the mailroom again today. I left the house at 4am, so the door to the mail was locked. Maybe I'll get to see him again today.

I check the time. 6:13. That's just around the time I got off yesterday.

It must look really sad to the outside world that I'm getting excited over a man I saw one time in a mailroom. I don't have much life outside of my two jobs, so I'll take anything I can get. Even if it's three minutes in a mailroom with a hot guy.

I open the door, scanning the small room. There's nobody in the room but me and the building's stray cat, Dylan.

I remember the first time I saw the sign in the mailroom that said 'please help feed Dylan' with a picture of him underneath. A group of people donated money to get him food, and now he just likes to stick around with us.

"Hey Dylan," I say sadly as I walk to my box.

I grab the things from my box. I take my time to sift through the mail a little bit. I like to be able to put the junk mail in the recycling immediately instead of taking it all the way upstairs. It's more convenient with the one here in the mailroom.

The door behind me opens. A tall figure looms to my right. I look up.

It's him.

A smile immediately comes to my face. "Sorry," I closed my box and locked it. I turned to the table that sits in the middle of the small room to continue sorting.

I think he mumbled something like "It's all good" or something like that.

I wish he would've spoken a little louder.

The sorting didn't even take a minute. I throw the junk mail in the recycling, pat Dylan on the head and leave the mailroom.

I walk into my apartment. It's way too big for me. My dad used to know the owner, Mr. Williams. When my dad died, Mr. Williams made sure I had everything I could ever need. He gave me food when I couldn't afford it and a nice apartment I didn't deserve.

Once I started to earn money from the bakery and streaming, I slowly began to pay him back. I've been paying for my own rent, plus interest for all the things he did for me. Sometimes he catches it and sends the excess money back, but most of the time he leaves the bills to his building manager, who I made sure knew why the extra money was there.

I eat a little bit of dinner before hopping onto discord. I join a vc that Quackity's in.

"Hey Storm! We have.. We have a question for you!" He says while laughing.

"Okay? Hit me."

"What do women look for in a guy?" Tommy interrupts.

I roll my eyes. If only they could see the look I'm giving them right now.

"I think a lot of girls look for personality." I think about mailroom boy. I'm almost positive he has a fantastic personality.

"So I would be a top contender on any lady's list, hm?" Tommy asks.

"Only the twelve year olds Tommy," Quackity laughs.

We continue the bit for a while on stream. Dream joins a little later.

"Hi," he says as he joins.

"Big D!" Tommy shouts, "How ya doing?"

"Good. How are you?" Dream responds.

"I was doing amazing and then you joined, Dream." Tommy says.

"Honestly I agree." I add.

"We should start a club called 'Dream Ruined My Day', storm?."

I smile. Yeah that one would not go over well with the stans, but I don't really care what they think to be honest.

"Absolutely. Get it trending." 

I say my goodbyes. I take a deep breath of relaxation and spin in my swivel chair once. I have nothing to do now.

In all honesty, I already had a busy day. I couldn't stand to be in a vc with Dream right now. I don't know what it is, but I just don't like him.

I decide to eat some ice cream and catch up on some shows. Maybe I'll get to sleep tonight.

I later realize sleep was not an option. I can hear my neighbor playing something next door.

Great.

authors note: 

hey guys! 

hope you are enjoying so far! this is going at a faster pace than i usually do but i figured i could try something new 

have a great day :) 

word count: 1113