Mark

Y/N P.O.C

I walked over to the table where I saw the boy curled up underneath. "Hello" the boy turned his head to face me. 

"Hello" The boy fiddled with his fingers and tried not to make eye contact. Beside him were a number of books and a pile of papers.

"I'm Y/N" 

".... I'm Fishlegs" "What are you doing Fishlegs?"

Fishlegs slid a bit to the side making room for me to sit next to him. "These are some drawings my dad gave me" there were a number of dragons. "What's that one?" I pointed to the familiar large dragon that had attacked Gobber, the page had many runes of writing on the side, but I could only make out a few, 'Ugh, I wish I could read'.

He picked up the paper and read it back to me "The mischievous, monstrous nightmare is one of the dragons of the stoker class. It's sweeping wingspan reaches 68ft with a length of 61ft. They ordinarily way 5000lbs or 40 sheep. Their fire consists of a kerosene gel which can be used as a fuel. If cornered the monstrous nightmare will coat itself in fire from nose to tail". 

We continued to go over a number of dragons, Fishlegs explaining the classes of dragons and what the differences were between dragons. That was until a familiar dragon caught my eye.

"What's that?!" I asked pointing to the dragon that looked like an exact copy of the one I had killed. 

"One of the smallest known dragons, The Terrible Terror, Is part of the stoker class. Their 6ft wingspan and 6ft length make them tiny in the dragon world. Weighing just 20lbs they weigh less than a sheep's leg. The emit a surprisingly large flame from their small s-sta-stat" He fumbled on the word (bruh these kids 7 and has been reading/speaking perfect sentences) "stature when upset. These dragons tend to feed and hunt in packs, when the terrible terrors gather in large groups they often break into song. These chirps, squawks, and croaks kept many a Viking awake at night and into the morning."

"That's it!"  "That's what?" he asked "That's the dragon that attacked me and Hiccup"

"You were attacked by a dragon!"

"Well thanks for talking to me" I thanked him, he smiled still a little off put by me admitting being attacked by a dragon less than half an hour ago. "Thank you too, I was actually kind of scared, I feel a little better now". With a smile I crawled out from under the table, Hiccup was sitting at the other end trying to ignore the black-haired boy from earlier. 

Astrid caught my eye as she sat playing with a small handheld knife that happened to be about the same size as the knife I had in my pocket.

"Hi Astrid" 

"Oh, hey Y/N" she said looking up from her knife.

"Are you ok" I asked.

"Yeah... I heard that you killed a dragon" Astrid was looking directly in my eyes now. 'I never noticed how blue they were before'.

"I guess" Astrid put down her knife and turned the rest of her body towards me. "What was it like"

"Scary" I answered without missing a beat. "Me and Hiccup were in an alley when it jumped at us. "

"Oh... Are you ok?"

"I think so... Thank you"

"Hey um, I know we don't talk much but... would you want to play sometime" I nodded my head. Don't get me wrong I love Hiccup but having some girl friends sounds like so much fun. 

"Oh, maybe if we ask, we can get my dad to teach us how to use our knives" Astrid looked down at hers for a moment and gave a small smile. 

"That sounds nice, then my mom and dad would stop trying to get me to talk to Ruffnut"