16. Sleep

Alright, so she had just underwent through an unexpected break up (over the fact that their relationship is actually questionable in the first place).

She had cried half an hour because of that and mildly gotten better thanks to Shinso and his little furry friends.

For thirty minutes, she hadn't realized that their position slightly shifted and had only realized that she was sitting on Shinso's lap while he stroke his back gently and her head leaning on his shoulder.

If it was any other day, Y/n would have the energy to feel embarrassed. But the crying had took too much toll on her mental state that rather than feeling ashamed, she felt quite comfortable snuggling into him more than she should have.

The cats also rested to her lap, compressed to a complicated knot that piled them together there. It was warm and soft that it also helped.

It was the same for Shinso. If other situation called for this then he would have actually blushed mad. But he couldn't take the temptation as the girl he greatly so admired was crying. She was hurt, so it isn't in his heart to rejoice that she was snuggled to him... well, partially.

What's left was her unintentional sobs and sniffs. She was calming down now, her tears were five-minute long dried with a tired look on her half opened eyes.

A little later, Y/n surrendered to sleep from her comfortably uncomfortable spot. But it was warm, mixed with the smell of grass and trees. Also breeze that made the the gave that cooling atmosphere had completed the cozy feeling. It was like snuggling in a blanket while lying beside an open window in some countryside.

One hand rested to her chest, clenching her uniform while the other held into the now napping cats lovingly while her eyes were closed. Her shoulder relaxed and her grip from her clothes slowly loosened.

In this form, she looked smaller. Shinso sighed while he stared at her. The sides of her eyes were red but thankfully, not puffed. And thanks to the boy's nonstop strokes of her hair, the tangles had already been fixed.

For the last time, he embraced her tamed frame closer to him. His chin, rested atop her head and the other free hand held her hand.

He sighed. Wished that Y/n would feel better soon or if not, talked to him about what ails her mood so she would feel better.

He wouldn't mind listening to her burdens and her would actually be happy if she did as it's also a sign of trust. When Y/n was taken into exhaustion, it's probably going to take her time to rest and keeping her in a windy place like this might cause her to catch cold.

So with a heavy heart, Shinso lifted her up easily. Thanks to conditioning his body with the help of Aizawa, the young man was able to earn muscles and improve his physique. He was leaner than he was previously and it's a good thing because he wouldn't get tired carrying her to the second floor where the clinic lies.

He made his way back towards the school. There was actually a lot of fire exits in UA and one of them happens to be the one leading to this forest which he used to go and fro whenever he was going to feed the cats.

He looked down again and saw the cats were still gathered to her stomach while she was being carried. He frowned in wonder. Should he remove the cats? Are pets allowed in the clinic?

He didn't know what to do until Y/n's hand made way to unconsciously touch the cats and her frowning brows slowly eased as it found a soft and comforting fur.

When Shinso saw this, he helplessly sighed again and decided not to do anything with it anymore and would take responsibility if recovery girl gets mad about the cats being taken to school.

He carefully strolled into the fire exit door and walked in. He was careful not to wake her and avoided as many people as possible that might make up gossips once they saw their muse in the arms of a mere gen ed student. Shinso didn't want to stress over such a rumour and he didn't want Y/n's reputation to just flip 180 because of him.

As soon as he reached Recovery girl's clinic, Shinso painstakingly turned the knob and making sure she doesn't fall in his arms as the door was pushed open.

When he looked around the premise, he was able to catch a sight of Recovery on her table.

"Good afternoon ma'am." The young man quietly greeted.

"Why did you come here for, dear." As soon as she turned around, she caught glimpse of Y/n's sleeping figure with three compressed cats on her stomach in his arms.

She was a bit surprise, but calmed down and looked at Shinso. "What happened?" She asked nicely.

"I think she needs to rest comfortably a bit." The young man awkwardly said as his eyes trailed down to the young female.

"I see, do let her rest on the bed." She said.

Without questions ask, Shinso made wide strides towards the infirmary bed and carefully laid her down. Feeling new sensation, the girl frowned and turned to her side, the cats falling on the same direction that had their heads going up from that mild disturbance but continued to sleep as they pleased anyways.

The young male stood still and watch her sleep for a while before covering her with a blanket that the knots on her forehead began to feel more relaxed. It was a good thing so she can at least forget what happened earlier.

Overall he stayed in the infirmary until his class schedule started. He entrusted Y/n to Recovery girl at least saying 'please don't wake her up until she's fully rested.' For three times in different Shinso sentences.

The old lady sighed and nodded at him until the boy was satisfied and finally had left. Y/n slept with the cats and Recovery girl, as promised, had not woken her up. She knew nothing was wrong with Y/n's physical body right now, but looking at how the sides of her eyes were red, it's obviously emotional.

And Shinso, looking worried at her for the entire time gave her a clue. Y/n, afterall, lived in a country where even a child like her risks their life to protect their own people. So even despite how strong ones body is, it still can't escape the mental toll.

Now that she thinks about it, why had they not thought about putting her and her friends through counselling. She should suggest this in the next meeting.

.

Sorry, this is too short. I really don't know what to write. I forgot how it went in s3 of bnha so I'm going to have to rewatch or we won't be able to move on the storyline 😅😅😅

Bye~