Let Me In III

Jennie's POV

I shivered from the coldness as the night is fast approaching. These days have been pouring hard but I'm glad there are not much thunders and lightnings to be seen and heard. I rolled the sleeves of my sweater down as I stare at the heavy rain outside the window.

I watched droplets of water hitting the on the ground, splashing everywhere and people hastily strutting their steps with their umbrellas protecting them from the rain.

As I continuously observed of what is happening outside, my mind started to drift off to the events that happened when she came into my apartment unit that evening.

I unconsciously smiled and closed my eyes, listening to the faint music and sipping the coffee I have on my hand.

Flashback

"Do you want me to stay for the night?"

The moment she released those words, I immediately looked up to see if she really meant what she said and that I am not hearing things amidst the ongoing rain outside.

And there she was, her soft eyes greeting my shocked orbs and she slowly tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, her fingers descended down soothingly brushing my hair until she peeled her hand away that made me internally frown as the warmth I felt from her hand vanished .

"Stay with me."

~~~

My daydreaming was cut off when I heard my phone buzzing. I grabbed my phone but the smile on my face vanished as I stared at the name of the caller. I tapped my fingers on the cup and finished my coffee before declining the call.

I frustratingly dropped the cup on the sink making me close my eyes and take a deep breath before making my to the bedroom, laying down on my comfortable bed.

As soon as my back met the mattress, her scent lingers on the sheets and I couldn't help the heat creeping to my cheeks.

I fanned myself to get rid of the blush but it didn't work. I rolled over to my side and slapped my cheeks lightly but to no avail, the beating of my heart just kept on getting louder and louder.

I miss her.

When I remembered the gift she gave me when I requested her to stay the night, I quickly got up. I walked to my closet and took out the small teddy bear that I was holding.

Before laying down on my bed, I gave it a warm embrace. I ran my fingers through the fabric's softness, and the gesture reminded me of Rosie.

Flashback

We were both under the duvet, but with our backs facing each other. I tried so hard to sleep but was unable to do so due to the weather. Not only that, but her lovely vanilla aroma makes me feel a wide range of emotions.

Gosh, I miss her warmth. I want damn cuddles from her now!

I instantly disregarded the thought and closed my eyes, telling myself that it was time to go to sleep. At that very moment, an arm curled around my waist and dragged me closer to her embrace.

"What a-are you doing?" I internally scolded myself for stuttering, waiting for her mocking remark but none came out.

"Shhh, I could hear you loudly thinking. Relax your body, Jen. There's nothing to be nervous about. It's just me." Her calm and friendly tone instantly made my body to relax and tighten the hold she had on my waist.