Chapter 12

Hunter's POV

I stare at the black and blue body on the ground. The pack doctor is inspecting the corpse. It is a 18 years old Omega, Ricky. Not found his mate yet. My heart clenched when I heard that. I can't imagine if I lost my mate without me knowing that she's already probably be dead. I get nearer to the corpse as I stand besides Dr Vince that currently is taking some samples on it.

Both legs were twisted that the bloody bone latch out of the skin. His head was nearly slit to the end that it almost beheaded but it still attached to it's body. His mouth was slit until to his ears horribly. What kind of damn would do such thing. Liam scrunched his eyebrow by looking at the scene of it. Gruesome.

"Son"

My father, the current Alpha of the Blood Moon Pack and his Beta, Liam father's came to us. There are around 8 to 10 warriors patrolling this perimeter to find any clues or evidence because this shit happens without any hunch.

"What happen?"

"This kid was found by one of the his sister when the family just realized he's not coming back home for hours"

"Is it a rogue?" Liam stated.

"No. I don't think so. This twisted, slit and beheaded on his body it's not something what a Rogue would do. If it's a Rogue, the warrior would sense it in the first place once they set on the perimeter" i explained.

"You're right.." my father said.

"Alexis, do we need to warn the neighboring pack?" my father's Beta,Charles concerned.

"Yes..Warn the other packs, spread the news. We can't hide this. I'm afraid it could be a series of murder if everyone won't alert" he said in his Alpha tone. Charles nod and did his job.

"How could you be so sure?"

"Because we found this" Dr Vince our 48 years old pack doctor intervene. He showed us this one transparent zip lock bag of him to collect sample evidence that content an old small piece of cloth that blood was smear on it.

"It was found in the boy's mouth", Dr Vince said as he lowered his spec and continue his work on the corpse.

Liam and I stare at the cloth long and the moment we saw it, my body stir uncomfortably. It was inked in weird symbols on it. The symbols was arranged in 3 sentences and 3 lines. I suspect one.

"Witch" i growl.

"'No. Not a witch. If it's one, we can sense their stench filthy scent! It's been years this place is cleanse and safe from witches" my father deny it. I take a look at the cloth again. I took my phone and snap it.

"Then, what makes you so sure that this is going to happen again?"

My father shifts and stare at us, serious. His eye bag and stubble on his chin shows that he didn't have enough sleep.

"23 years ago..this thing happened at a mutual friend's pack of mine. He's in other state, far from here. They found this thing in each of the corpse's body. In the mouth, hand and even in their body. They assumed it's witches too but there is no strong evidence to conclude that. It's continuously happened until they have to build an underground tunnel to keep the pack safe"

"Alpha, what do you mean they found 'in their body'" Liam asked curious. There is a moment of silence as Liam and I glance with each other.

"When they dissect the corpse, they found this sort of parchment in their body or organs with symbols on it. Maybe they were force to swallow it or even worst, they were cut alive cause there were certain corpses had dissection cut after we found them dead. I was there with your late grandfather at that pack because they asked for helped but there's not much we can do"