(39)

Average blood, swearing warning as always

But yelling will be present in this chapter just to let you know

Great, I'm back. Now I have to see what rage awaits me in those walls.

I don't want to even begin to think what Wilbur was going to say to me. Yes it had only been 9 hours since I left, But he would have definitely would have noticed- 

My thinking snaps when I hear faint yelling.

"She couldn't have just got up and left!" Yep definitely Wilbur. I grunt. Wilbur was great, but way too over protective of me at times. I brace myself and enter into the walls of our small country. I stand there to see two boys yelling at each other.

"What if one of the Dream team members found her and hurt her?" Oh boy Wilbur, do I have a story to tell you-

"I'm sure she didn't! She knows how to stay safe!" The blonde boy raised his voice louder than Wilburs. Typical Tommy in a heated argument. But I'm glad I walked in when I did. It could have gotten way worse.

I fake coughed and the two boys heads snapped towards my direction.

"Y/N!" They shouted and ran up to me and hugged me suddenly. I yelp with surprise.

"Off, Off, Off!" I say and they quickly let go. Wilbur' eyes had a pink tinge to them and Tommy looks as if he hasn't slept in days.

"Where did you run off to!?" Wilbur's voice grew hoarse. Probably because wasted all his yelling strength at Tommy. Poor Tommy. I'll apologize to him later I think.

"I went for a walk-" I winced, and continued talking "I-I found this cat stuck in a snare while I was out and needs urgent care." My worried gaze casts over the injured unmoving cat in my arms. 

"Are you sure its alive-" Tommy spoke in a confused tone.

" It's alive, now if you don't mind me, I'm going to tend to it now" I step to the left and attempt to walk away but Wilbur quickly stood in front of me and loomed over my small figure.

"Your staying right here, your going to explain where you went and why the F*ck there's blood all over your clothes". I gulped, scared I still fight back.

"But the cat!" I raise my voice slightly.

"Tommy can take him" Wilbur says and turns to Tommy who's mumbling something under his breath. "Won't you Tommy?"

"Fine. Only for the cat's sake. Not hers" He huffs and scoops the cat roughly from my arms.

"Be careful with them!" I yell out to him as he begins to stalk away. He doesn't return anyway words or noises, he just walks away in silence.

"Now- Over here please" Wilbur began to walk to the stones under the The large oak tree towards the right wall. I gulp. What was he going to yell at me this time? I sigh and we stop walking, he faces me in a sudden twist of his body.

"Where the hell do you trail off to? And don't twist your words. Tell the F*cking truth" He spits, his gaze cold. I gaze down and take a breath. I don't bother to look, as I already know he's fuming with rage.

"Y/n, answer me! I've been worried sick" He voice grew higher at the end of his sentence. I take another breath before I begin talking.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't sleep so I thought the best way to deal with it was to slaughter the source of my bad thoughts" I say truthfully. 

"And who may that be?" He quizzed me.

There's a brief moment of silence before I begin speaking again. "Dream" 

"Oh really?" His tone changed into a more angrier and confused one.

"Yes" I reply simply.

"So you went into the forest, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. To kill dream?" He pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes.

"Yep- I did." I sway slightly. He opened his eyes, only more anger blazed in them. Here it comes-.

"You left Me to go fight someone who's impossible to kill let alone fight AND in the middle of the night?! ARE YOU CRAZY? YOU COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED OR HURT! Your not hurt are you?" I fell silent. He didn't have to know. I could patch myself up and just move on. I know he would make a big deal of of it, but I've been injured before so there's no need to fuss over me, Right?

"Y/n? Are you hurt?" His tone grew serious. I stared at him with scared eyes. I know he wouldn't hurt me, he isn't that type of person. But his words still hurt even if they were not that bad.

"Y/n! Answer me!" He placed his hands on my shoulders causing me to jump.

"I'm fine!" I shuffle back away from his long arms. He swung his hands back to his side.

"How are you hurt?"

"I said I'm fine! I can take care of myself" The flare in my tone grew by each word. I was fine! I was more worried about the cat if I was brutally honest.

"Just tell me! For F*cks sake stop being selfless for once in your god damn life and let me help you! I was worried sick and you've come home hurt and won't let me help you!" He said bitterly. Its's true, I did take care of others before myself but who wouldn't? My life mattered less that the boys and Wilbur. I was just there to help them, and I was happy to do so.

"Stop being you for one moment and us help you, let me help you" He said more calmly. Did he not like me being myself? do  I have to change for him? No surely.

"You don't like me being myself?" I say, my voice shaky.

"Right now yes, I just want you to be safe and healthy" I don't know how to take this. I could take this wrongly and lash out at him or just say okay. Either all would end badly. 

"I-" I clench my side and stare down. As I look up again I see he has a hand extended out, as if he were reaching out for me. 

"Come on Y/n. " He says in a soft voice. "Your clenching you side, why?"

"....It hurts..." Is all I could say. The pain was beginning to rush through my head again. How haven't I passed out yet?

"Hey, hey it's okay. Just let me help you. Please,  your my priority in this life. Just please." His hand was still out-stretched. Oh come on Y/n. He cares. 

I launch myself into his arms and wrap my feeble arms around his torso. He encases me in a long hug.

"Wilbur your gonna have blood all over your shirt now" I giggled but the consequence wasn't very pleasant as I winced due to the fiery pain.

"I don't care right now" Is all he said. I only hugged him tighter. I felt safe again. I felt the need to end my bad thoughts that drew back to Dream. But were they so bad? He didn't want to kill me. My next mission was to find out why.

Hiyya, sorry for the small delay. I had to take a break that's all. anyways, A bit of a longer chapter than planned but Its okay. My writing skills after a month have gone out the door truly. So sorry for that

-1227 words

-Rex :)