Chapter 70: Hierophant

Mr Aizawa had it pretty rough in the mansion. He wasn't legally our teacher any more, but he was most certainly a father figure for most of us at the time. Our own parents had either forced us to come back home, disowned us, abandoned us, didn't care enough about us to worry, or in my case were flat out not alive. Iida, Tokoyami, Midoriya, Shoji, Kirishima, Koda, Sato, and Mina from our class were back home. From 1-B that went home was Awase, Kaibara, Kuroiro,  Ibara, Tsubaraba,  Rin, Bondo, and Fukidashi.

That still left twenty eight students, as well as Eri, and now Misaki under the care of one pro hero. He definitely had his work cut out for him, especially since Yaoyarozu's parents weren't staying in the mansion at the time. It seemed they were staying away from that mansion due to the fact that heroes were frowned upon. I imagine they were considering solely their own safety. That's how rich people usually are, right? Care only about yourself, and not even your very own child? That's likely just the cynic in me talking though. 

"Mr Aizawa, come play!" Eri said to him, bringing him over to a little doll's house and tea set she had been given by Momo. It apparently belonged to Momo when she was a child, and was one of her favourite things to play with growing up. Aizawa appeased her request and sat on a tiny stool made for a small person, otherwise known as a child. He was hunched over and vaguely interacted as he... Wasn't all that sure of what to do with a situation like this. But just being there made her smile.

Though he did have to step in a few times upon seeing Eri's, sadly, warped views of how a family unit acts as regards getting angry, as well as discipline. Considering her past, it was easy to see how she would be rather dysfunctional, and not the kind that gets a feelgood sitcom made out of it. As sweet as Eri was, her alone would have been enough of a handful given that Mr Aizawa had to educate her, train her, and feed her. And play with her. And keep her safe. On top of that, he had all of us too.

"Hey Mr Aizawa, is the waste disposal meant to make a whirring noise after something goes in it, or a ker-chunk noise?" Kaminari asked, with Sero in tow. Mr Aizawa sighed and excused himself from the tea party to go take a look. Upon further inspection, he discovered there was one of Kaminari's pointers lodged inside of it. Mr Aizawa took it out with a rather unamused look on his already normally unimpressed, tired face. He simply stared at it, dumbfounded, as the two boys also stood there, unsure of how to respond.

"So tell me. How did this get in the waste disposal? This is part of your hero equipment, is it not?" Mr Aizawa asked. Kaminari put his fingers together and smiled rather sheepishly. "Well," He began in response. "Sero thought my pointers were made out of some cheap plastic, and I knew they weren't, so we decided to do a little test... And the results are in! They're not made out of cheap plastic! Take that, Sero!" Kaminari said, spinning around and pointing a finger in Sero's face victoriously.

Mr Aizawa was not so pleased. "You both live here rent free, eating Momo's food while having no job and seemingly no intention of paying your classmate back. You have now gone as far as damaging her property. This is going to need to be repaired by someone more well equipped than I am, such as a plumber. I heavily suggest you apologise profusely to her and pay for the damages you have caused, and think twice before doing something so foolish in the future. This is not your house."

Now, when Mr Aizawa... Suggests something, if one values their life, they take the suggestion and immediately act upon it. "Yes, Mr Aizawa, sorry Mr Aizawa!" Both Sero and Kaminari said in union. Sighing, the wannabe homeless man replied, "I am not the one you need to apologise to. This is not my house, and I would not be complaining if it had stopped working due to natural causes. But you," He looked at Kaminari, "Have broken the device, and you," Then Sero, "Allowed him to do so while seemingly cheering him on."

At that, Misaki came in to the kitchen with a shopping bag. "I'm back! Shota, I have the boba tea you asked for!" She said with a smile. She took out the box and showed him a pack of green boba tea pearls. With a lifelike expression that somehow looked sad, he took ahold of the packet and watched it, as if willing it to change by staring into it. "These are green pearls... I asked for black pearls." Misaki then realised her mistake, "Oh! I got the wrong ones, I'm sorry Shota! I'll go and get the right ones."