THIRTEEN

"Hey, slow down!" Anastasia calls after Antonina as she runs after a butterfly.  

Sighing from her perfectly comfortable position against one of the trees, she gets up to go after her little sister. Despite her rather short legs, Antonina has quite the speed when she wants to; hence her being already a few meters into the woods once Anastasia finally catches up with her.

"Look." she means excitedly, barely containing her face from breaking apart from the large smile spreading across from it. 

Anastasia's eyes fly to the butterfly now resting on her sister's hand and she mirrors her expression. 

"It came to me." Antonina declares proudly, her smile dropping as it flies away. "But..." she goes to reach after it, looking at her sister as she grabs a tender hold of her wrist.

"Look." Anastasia means gently, pointing in the direction in which the animal has disappeared and Antonina follows her line of view. The butterfly has landed on a pinkish looking flower and is now resting in the provided sunlight. 

"You know, butterflies need heat in order to be able to fly. So, right now, he is... recharging his battery." Anastasia points out. "It's like his naptime," she adds, sending her sister a look.

"No playing?" Antonina pouts up at her. "No playing." Anastasia confirms, her hand taking that of her little sister as they walk back to where they were previously lounging around. 

"Can we play?" Antonina asks Anastasia, who nods at her while grabbing the jacket as well as the phone she has left next to the tree. A little grateful there aren't any people coming by, who might have stolen her phone or not. "What do you want to play?" the older one retorts.

"Uhm... tag. You're it." Antonina taps Anastasia's shoulder before running off. 

Slowing her run, Anastaisa follows Antonina; indirectly leading her towards home. Stopping at a tree, one on each side, Anastasia sends her sister a grin; speeding around it but slowing down to give her sister time to escape before eventually catching up.

"Won't you look at that? Spitfire is able to be nice after all."

Rolling her eyes, Anastasia catches Antonina as she threatens to run into her before turning to the bulky guy leaning against a tree and more or less hiding in its shadow.

"Wannabe Hulk," she states disinterestedly, letting Antonina take her hand. "If you'll excuse us." Anastasia adds before going to leave. 

Emmett's eyes fall onto Antonina upon hearing her heartbeat quicken and he furrows his brows before turning back to look at Anastasia. 

"Your sister?" he asks her. "Yes." Anastasia replies, really just wanting to leave. 

"May I?" Emmett nods at Antonina, whose hand is tightening around that of her sister. "I don't think you should." the older one of them means tensely.

"Well, then catch," he comments before he is already pulling something out of his pocket; throwing it at Anastasia. For a moment he wonders how she could have possibly caught that, hell his reflexes aren't that good. But then again, that's probably because he barely pays attention to stuff like that.

"I made it for Rosy but she isn't the type for wooden jewellery either way." Emmett states as Anastasia falls onto the carved, wooden animal charm in her hand. It's a necklace.

Raising a brow at him, he nods at her to give it to Antonina.

"It would only gather dust as it is. Might as well let it gather dust around the neck of a princess." he winks at the girl, who is torn in between blushing and being frightened. 

"Do you want to keep it?" Anastasia questions her sister, who nods tentatively. 

Crouching down, Anastasia lays the charm around her sister's neck before getting back up, watching her for a moment as she plays with it between her fingers.

"What's it?" Antonina turns to Emmett, who scratches the back of his neck. "Mountain lion. Not the best at carving. Gave it up the minute it was done." the Cullen boy means. 

"Thank you." the little girl grins up at him. "A pleasure, Milady." he bows dramatically, grinning as a giggle escapes her lips. A blush now present on her face.

"Thank you." Anastasia means as well, not knowing what to think of this. Or of Emmett. 

Seeing him smirk as his eyes sway up to the cloud pushing itself in front of the sun.

"What's your name?" he turns back to Antonina, who is still busy grazing her fingers over the wood; searching and hoping to find an uneven space but not really wanting there to be one. "Antonina." she introduces herself after a shared look with her sister. "That's one hell of a name you got there, princess." Emmett tells her. 

"Who are you?" Antonina tilts her head as she looks at him, her hand back in Anastasia's. "My name is Emmett, Milady." he introduces himself. "How do you know Ana?" she continues. "School." Emmett means.

"Maybe we should head home." Anastasia interrupts them. 

"Can he come?" Antonina looks up at her sister, giving the best puppy dog eyes. "He can join my tea party." she proposes.

Sighing, Anastasia glances over to Emmet, who smirks at her with an expression that tells her to dare and disagree with her sister.

"Fine. But I'll throw you out before dinner." she narrows her eyes at him. 

Anastasia really isn't in the mood for people today, especially none like Emmett. The type that is always so light-hearted, joking around and grinning or smirking. Cheerful. But, this is for her sister. 

"What do you want to work as after learning?" Antonina simply turns back to questioning Emmett. "Firefighter," he replies almost immediately. "And what is it you're want to become?" Emmett raises a brow at her. 

He is walking a few steps away from them, sensing Antonina's tenseness. 

"Peter Pan." she deadpans as though it is the obvious answer to that question. "Peter Pan?"
he parrots. Emmett loves Peter Pan but he has never considered it to be a career option.

"Duh." Antonina shoots him a look.

"He is forever a child. He can fly. He can create things in his mind. how can someone not want to be him" she adds. "I suppose. Apologies, Milady." he retorts. She does have a point.