Part XV

Ally's POV

It feels weird to be back in the town Harry and I grew up in, especially with Vera. It's our 10 year high school reunion this weekend, but we're not attending. Us.....going back to the place we hated the most? Absolutely not.

When we got the invitation in the mail, the both of us just laughed. There's no way in hell I would ever attend something like that. I could do without being surrounded by people who made not only Harry's life miserable, but mine as well. Sure, it'd be nice to show up and boast about how happy Harry and I are and show them our daughter, but it wasn't worth it. I didn't need their validation, I didn't need to prove anything to them.

Maybe if the situation were a little different Harry and I would have loved the idea of attending....meeting old friends and catching up with them as they fawned over little Vera. But we both knew that wouldn't be happening. None of those people were our friends and they most certainly would not be seeing Vera, not if Harry or I could help it.

Instead, Harry and I are using this weekend to go down and visit Anne and Raya. We haven't been back in our hometown since our wedding so it's been a while. Anne and Raya have been the ones who have made the trips up to see us recently, especially once Vera came into the picture. Harry and I's ten year anniversary also passed a few weeks ago, so it felt right to come back for a weekend.

We spent our ten year anniversary at home with Vera, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Harry and I both called in sick to work so we could just have the day spent by ourselves and it was just so perfect. Neither of us were in the mood to do something extravagant and we didn't need to either, we just needed each other. The three of us cooked our meals together and we even made a cake which Vera chose the colour of red, her favourite right now. Our day consisted of Harry trying to get Vera interested in math while I painted her toes, then mine and Harry's, the three of us wearing matching red nail polish.

We told each other no gifts, but we both knew we wouldn't follow through with that and we were right. Harry surprised me with a butterfly necklace to match the earrings he had gotten me ten years ago, ones I still wear. "In a-another ten years, I'll g-get you the bracelet." He had joked, making me chuckle as I looked down at the pretty pendant which rested on my chest.

My surprise for him came later in the night, long after Vera had gone to sleep, in the form of a sexy school-girl costume. I needed my "overly handsome professor" to help me with some math and figure out the time it would take to get me naked and on all fours.

We hadn't ever really role-played before, but it was most definitely something we'd do again. Harry just about had a stroke seeing me in one of his dress shirts which I had turned into a very cropped top and my flared checkered mini skirt pigtails and fake glasses to match. The ruler I had in my hand as a prop came in handy too, I couldn't properly sit on my ass for the next few days.

I can't believe we've been together for that long, it doesn't seem like it at all. These last ten years have flown by but in the best possible way. I have loved Harry since I was 18 and now we're 28, we're married, and we have the cutest little almost one year old to ever exist.

Vera ended up keeping my blue eyes, but she's got Harry's hair and smile. Harry says she has my "b-button nose" though and always tries to convince me that she looks more like me than him but it's so obvious that isn't true. She's literally a mini Harry, even getting the smallest dimples in the indents of her cheeks. Our Vera baby is just absolutely beautiful and I know I'm biased but I couldn't give a shit, I know a pretty child when I see one and that's exactly what Vera is.

She's also started walking, something that made Harry cry like a baby when she did. I still remember when it happened, I was so excited as I watched her only to look over at Harry to see him sniffle as he wiped tears from his eyes.