────── eighteen

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

═══ MAKING AMENDS ═══

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

SHINICHIRO FELT STRESSED OUT after the talk with Mikey lead them nowhere closer to figuring out a plan of attack. To take his mind off the matter, he had retreated into his bike shop and searched for a distraction through work. The oil coating his fingers, the sensation of cold metal against his warm skin, the sweet humming of an engine that he brought back to life. It was music to his ears and therapy for his soul. Slowly, the jumble of thoughts cleared up.

He leaned against the large window, forehead against the cool glass, sipping from a bottle of water as he watched the night sky. Clouds traveled over Tokyo that night, giving a glimpse at the stars beyond them every now and again. Stargazing was strangely calming.

The silence filled with the revving of an engine growing louder as it drew nearer to the shop. At first, Shinichiro expected it to drive past, but when it stopped on the other side of the road and the headlight died as the engine turned off, Shinichiro sat up and squinted his eyes at the driver.

Stepping into the light of the street lamp, blond hair was illuminated, along with a pair of blue eyes and a burn mark on the left side of his face contrasting pale skin. The boy was clad in a white coat reaching down to his knees. It was the same boy who came by the shop frequently just to seek advice.

Inui Seishu, the current acting leader of the Black Dragons, was visiting his shop near midnight.

"What's wrong?" Shinichiro asked after he opened the door for the blonde and saw the beat down look on his face.

"It's pointless," Inui sighed. "None of them listen to me. I took all your advice and I tried to meet them half-way, but the Black Dragons never saw me as their leader. Controlling them is near impossible for me. They're getting out of hand."

"You know what I always say, Inupi," Shinichiro responded with a smile, patting the boy on the back. "Don't give up. Persevere. And once the storm passes, it'll all work out."

Inui sighed. "Not this time, I'm afraid. They're starting to fight each other. Some have already left because it's not what they were hoping for. I'm just not the right fit to be their leader."

And looking Shinichiro in the eyes, he added, "But you are."

Shinichiro's eyes widened. He hadn't expected Inupi to give in, much less hint at wanting the founder of Black Dragons to take on the role as their leader once more. Admittedly, seeing what was becoming of the gang did put a splinter or two in his heart because he never intended for them to go down this path. He had told himself repeatedly that it was out of his control now.

But maybe, just maybe, he could turn the tables for more than one group of people.

"I haven't lead anyone in years," Shinichiro pointed out.

"That doesn't matter," retorted Inui with a shake of his head and a confident smile. "Young delinquents still swarm you as if you were the sun. They look up to you. They admire you. They want to be like you. If you returned to the Black Dragons as their leader, you could restore their old glory."