Chapter-8

...Troubles...

3rd POV

At that time when our dear protagonist was in the alternate universe of Highschool DxD, the Heuco Mondo was in a little dilemma...

A personal and family dilemma...

And the cause was Maynard, Lyllia, and Shien. Since Shien was left in control of the place, he would be lying if he said he was not nervous.

Well... You see Shien sees this as a big and important task, while our dear protagonist thinks that this is enough work to develop Shien's leadership more and sees this as an easy task for Shien.

And this cause him to overwork himself by protecting their home on a daily basis. His nervousness only grow when time passed.

He was afraid that he would fail and their home might be destroyed when their king is not around.

He was afraid of disappointing our dear protagonist, thinking that maybe he would be thrown out of the family.

The place he swore to protect. A place where everyone accepts you of who you are or what you are. And a place where everyone will always be there when you are in a time where trouble comes out.

But he forgot about the last sentence, because his head was so focused on the 'responsibility' that their king left him with.

Shien tried to steel himself. For his king. For his home. For family.

And he now doesn't take much rest because of the constant worry and nervousness.

Lyllia and Maynard noticed this, and tried to convince Shien to at least take a short rest and let them take turns.

"No, I must not. This is the 'responsibility' that our king has left to me. I will not disappoint him. And when he comes back, he will see that I did great, because of how peaceful our home is."

Was Shien's answer everytime they try to persuade to at least take a day of rest. Shien can be a little hot headed sometimes and never back down when he makes a choice.

And his choice was to accept this 'responsibility'. They respect him a little because of his will to not back down and to never regret his choices.

Eventually they know that he will not budge until their king returns, so they leave him be for the time being.

<A 4 years time skip>

Apparently, Maynard had enough of his bullshit because Shien looks much more worse than the passed 4 years.

So he tried to persuade Shien again just to take a at least a day of rest and Shien just denied him again.

Maynard had enough and decided to just punch Shien in the face thinking it would wake him up from the whole 'responsibility' bullshit he's hearing from Shien's mouth from the passed 4 years.

Since Shien didn't budge Maynard punched him again and again and again. Shien tried to get him off by pushing him using his feet.

Eventually in turned into a brawl of dominance.

Lyllia, who was nearby, saw this. Decided that she has to stop them before it gets worse.