˗ˋ 36

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH PANDORA
GETS READY

. . .

Everyone at Hogwarts was far too happy.

Despite the joy that Pandora had felt upon that night of Halloween so long ago, she had no idea at all why they deemed the 31st of October such a special day. All that was different were that people were wearing stupid costumes, there were a few pumpkins around and that there were several parties happening that evening. 

The afternoon following Remus's initial reminder of it being Halloween that weekend was followed up by Pandora taking a trip to the library and researching it just a little bit, she kenw that muggles spent the day dressed up as witches, vampires and clowns. She wasn't so sure what the last one was, but she certainly knew that she was a witch and that vampires very much existed in the depths of Romania and Transylvania. 

Which meant that muggles spent their time dressing up as things from the wizarding world - so it made no sense for them at Hogwarts to celebrate it. Even if it was for a bit of fun, quite frankly, to Pandora it seemed rather odd.

Which is why she had been debating going to the Gryffindor party since she arrived back at her dorm from the Quidditch game. She had only left to eat; the orange severaly hurt her eyes and she wasn't too much of a fan of eating pumpkin at all, and seeing as the house-elves in the kitchen seemingly only knew how to cook with that recently, she could barely even eat anything anyway. 

At least it wouldn't last forever, and she could use her butterflies to get anything she wished. Which meant she hardly even had to leave her room other than for classes, and if it wasn't for Remus Lupin, she wouldn't leave for any other reason. 

But even if she was leaving her dorm room for Remus, she wasn't entirely sure that it was worth leaving for the Gryffindor Halloween party for. For starters, she didn't have a costume and she wasn't going to dress up. It wasn't like she was a child anymore and she could wear the costume like Laurie's. 

Still, she would still have to wear something, and so she settled on something a little more festive than usual. And by festive, it meant something not black or green.

Instead she chose a dark purple velvet skirt and jacket set, a matching headband and shoes whilst she used butterflies as jewellery; replacing the charm on her necklace with the insect as well as the buttons on her jacket; the pattern on her tights. It was all very purple - a little like the only other costume she had ever had. 

Her makeup and hair was the usual: applied and done by butterflies. Her eyeshadow was dark, as were her lips, her hair curled and pinned up in places, streaked grey only for a night with matching butterfly clips. If she was going to go to this party, she was going to remind just where she got her power from. 

However, she still wasn't sure whether she should go or not. The time that she had promised to meet Remus was approaching steadily, but even as it ticked by, she was yet to move to her room. The idea of a party was completely out of this world for her, she couldn't even imagine going. 

Instead, she would wait and see if he really wanted her to come. A slight test for him, of sorts, to see whether she should even bother to go. A butterfly or so was sent out, but the real answer came when Pandora decided to listen in to the conversations of the Slytherin dorms. Which is where she got a particularly interesting message.

"Merlin I didn't have to expect to do this. And for a Gryffindor? On Halloween?

And moments later, there was a knock on her door. Pandora got to her feet, heels clicking over the wooden floor as she pulled the door open, looking down at the two girls in front of her.

One of them was peering past her and into the room, whilst the other seemed to be looking rather nervous, as if she was building up the nerves to say something. "I have ways of making you say it, if you don't hurry up then you'll be introduced." Pandora's stare didn't hesitate.

"There's a Gryffindor asking for you. Sixth year and apparently completely mental." The girl replied in a rather snappy tone. "Says you should be going to the party tonight. Who would invite you I have no idea." 

"His name is-" Her friend began. 

"Remus Lupin. Yes I know" Pandora took a step back and slammed the door in their faces, turning back to the room to prepare herself properly, placing a couple of things into her pockets before leaving the room once more, locking the door with magic. 

She made her way down into the common room, past the many staring faces of people who already disapproved of her even being there - let alone being friends with a Gryffindor, and made her way to the entrance door, opening it and stepping out, finding Remus Lupin stood there, leaning against the dimly lit stone wall of the corridor.

"I thought I'd be waiting all night." He grinned.

a/n
pandora's getting ready
for her first date and she doesnt
even know it