5. Overheat

The next morning, you went down to grab your breakfast. You didn't feel like eating, so you just made your tea and sit around the area.

"Not eating much?" You eat Wanda sitting at the counter eating her pancakes. "I- I don't feel like eating yet. Where are the rest?" You realise that nobody is around. "Some of them are in training, some of them are out for a mission."

"Okay. I just remember I need to go to Bruce. Thanks." You finish your tea and head straight to Tony's lab. "Right. I was just about to get you. Your test results are out." Tony speaks to you as you enter the room.

"It shows that you have a high density of power. Probably because of your stature. The faster we can get back your body, the better. It'll be harder to control in your current body." Bruce explains the test results to you. "I see... But do we know where to start?" You are talking about getting back at those people who did this to you. "We are checking on that now." Tony answers.

"So basically, nothing yet." You didn't want to sound ungrateful to them, but you were also feeling anxious about getting your original body back. Bruce and Tony remain silent. You don't wish to make them feel bad, so you smile and leave the lab.

You walk back to your room with a long face.

"I heard from Wanda you went to Tony's lab earlier?" You see someone sitting down next to you, you turn to look. It was Natasha. You grab your phone to turn down the volume.

"Sorry? What did you say?" You didn't manage to see what she said because you didn't know she was coming.

"You went to Tony's lab?" Her face is filled with concern for you. "Yeah. To collect my results."

"Not what you expected?"

"I knew about it already. I-I am just not ready to accept the reality yet. Even though it's been a year already." You speak as tears form. "Hey, it's okay. Everyone here took time to heal from their past. Natasha pulls you into a hug. You couldn't hold it in any longer, and you broke into tears uncontrollably. She rubs your back and tries to comfort you.

Eventually, you fell asleep on her shoulder. Natasha takes out your headphones and tries to pick you up softly to put you in bed. "Thank goodness this is easier because you are a child."

---

A few days later, you were still not interacting much.

"Has she been feeling better?" Wanda asks about you while having her breakfast at the table. "I'm not too sure. Haven't seen her around much. Why don't you ask her yourself? I can't always be the one looking after her." Natasha replies. "I know you care about her too."

Wanda rolls her eyes before continuing with her breakfast.

"Can someone go get Y/N? I asked JARVIS to call her, but she's not responding." Tony pops his head out at the dining area, clearly requesting the ladies to check on you. "Here's your chance." Natasha raises an eyebrow at Wanda.

Wanda leaves the group and heads into your room to see you sleeping. "She's not wearing her headphones. Should I wake her up?" She thought to herself, unsure of what to do. She tries to shake you up to grab your attention.

"Hey, Tony is asking for you... Wait! Why are you so hot? Tony! Nat! Help here!" Wanda kneels next to your bed and tries to check on you further. Both of them rush into your room. "What's happening to her?" Wanda asks while in distress.

"Her body can't stand her power. It's like going into overdrive mode. I was going to talk to her about this." Tony explains the alarming situation to them. "What are we going to do now?" Natasha trying to find a solution here, trying to hide her anxiousness. "We can only wait. We can't wake her up when she is in this state." Tony informs them of the dire situation they are in.

"We have to wait until her battery is drained?" Natasha is unable to comprehend what she just heard. Tony remains silent. All of them look at you being unconscious, beads of sweat dripping down your face even though the room is blasting cold air. The room is not in a good state, things keep disappearing, and colours turning white.

"I think we better get out of here." Tony making his way to the door. "We can't leave her alone!" Wanda making a statement here. "Things are disappearing. If you want to vanish, feel free to stay!" Tony is evidently not taking this chance and walks out of the room.

"We better leave the room, we can always come back later." Natasha is trying to persuade Wanda to leave the room by tugging her.

Over the next few days, Wanda and Natasha occasionally check on you to make sure you are okay. The number of things in your room is getting less and less each day.