6. Moment of silence

Slowly, you begin to pry open your eyes. You look around, but the first thing you notice is that your skin is glowing slightly. You look around further with your weary eyes and notice that many items are missing in your room. You can't help but laugh at your predicament. 

Wanda opens the door, and you turn your head away immediately to grab your headphones.

"Sorry, didn't know you were awake already." Wanda is taken aback by my actions. "No. How long was I out?" You knew you didn't just sleep for a day, judging by the state of your room. You knew something had happened. "About 3 days. You might want to talk to Tony later. He was looking for you. How are you feeling?" Wanda sits next to you on the bed, checking on you.

"Tired, drained... I never felt so lightheaded before." You laugh at yourself, knowing how silly you sounded. Tired even though you have slept for so long? You notice Wanda is trying to say something, so you keep quiet, allowing her to gather her thoughts. "Have you... tried not using your headphones?" Wanda looks at you sweetly.

"I honestly don't dare. Some things are better off not knowing." You hid the fact from her that you lived a period of life without your headphones, and it was the worst thing that could happen to you. The burden that you know someone needs help but is unable to help them is heart-wrenching.

"Why don't you try now? It's only you and me in the room." Wanda speaks to you so convincingly that for a moment, you were enchanted by her. What if you are better now? You get to let go of the headphones and lead a more comfortable life.

You look at her for a few seconds before hesitantly taking off your headphones. There are a few moments of silence before all her thoughts rush into you. You put your headphone back immediately in shock.

"What's wrong?" Wanda asks, looking perturbed. "This- this isn't a good idea. I am going to find Tony." You rush out of your room in disbelief, leaving Wanda behind.

"You're up! I thought Wanda was checking in on you." You see Natasha walking towards you. "Yes, she was. I am going to look for Tony now." You speak to her hurriedly before walking away. She was confused as to why you were looking so perplexed.

You find Tony at his lab working. "Why are you always working?" You question Tony's work ethics. "I don't. I like to party too. Speaking of which, party tonight at 6pm." Tony casually informing me about the new information. "Alright, alright, Wanda said you wanted to see me?" You try to change the topic.

"That's right. I wanted to tell you that Bruce and I have created a pill for you to control your powers. Just in case something like this happens again. Take it every other day. It helps your body adapt to your powers." Tony explains to you what the pills do as he passes it to you.

You take the bottle of pills from him. "Let's hope this doesn't happen again." Tony says jokingly. You smile at him cheekily before leaving.

You put the pill in your room and head to the common space. "How are you feeling now?" You sit down next to Natasha. "Better. Walking around helps. You know where Wanda is?"

"I am not in charge of everyone here, but I believe she's in her room." You lightly punch her shoulder before leaving to find Wanda. "Thanks" You try to show that you really mean it.

Your expression becomes serious the moment you step into Wanda's room. "You want to talk about what I saw and heard earlier?"