Chapter 2- Pledged

"For your audition, each of you will be singing sixteen bars of Kelly Clarkson's Since U Been Gone. If the group likes you, they will contact you directly. My tone-deaf sidekick Justin will be collecting your information," the man explained.

"If I could sing a lick, in any humanly way possible, I would. But I can't, and I hate myself every day because of it," Justin said as he walked across the stage.

The man clapped. "But if you think this is just some high school club where you can sing and dance your way through any big social issue, or confused sexuality, you have come to the wrong place. There is none of that here. That's high school. This shit is real life! Now, don't just bring it, sing it, and let's do this!"

The leaders were given our information on paperwork. All about our lives, what we did in high school, and background checks all on a few sheets of paper.

"Hey, Bellas, remember when you tried to play in the big leagues and you choked? That should really be a lesson to everyone. If you sing the same girly shit every year, you will blow chunks. All over the place. Vomit, everywhere-"

"Ugh, I can't believe I was trying to be nice to them," I said, disgusted.

"I promise you, we will return to the ICCAs and finish what we started last year," Audrey promised.

The man cleared his throat. "And here's the first one up."

Each person took their turn. Andy and I did ours separately, despite wanting to do it together. A girl in a dark outfit came out and did her own piece because she was late. She was fantastic.

"We shall begin by drinking the blood of the sisters that came before you," Aubrey instructed. I knew better than to think it was actually blood.

We all took turns drinking from the cup. I wiped the edge with my sleeve before taking a small sip. I shook my head at the awful taste.

"Now, place your scarf in your right hand," Chloe continued. "I, sing your name."

"I, (Y/n)," I sang quietly.

"Promise to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of a Bella woman," Aubrey said.

"Promise to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of a Bella woman," we repeated.

"And I solemnly promise to never have sexual relations with a Treblemaker, or may my vocal chords be ripped out by wolves," Audrey finished.

This startled me. "And I solemnly promise to never have sexual relations with a Treblemaker, or may my vocal chords be ripped out by wolves."

"You are all Bellas now." Audrey smiled.

We cheered, and I sighed in relief. I wrapped my scarf around my wrist, wearing it how I've seen Mom wear it in photos from college.

Later that night, Audrey took us to a stadium. We walked single-file down the stairs.

"Ladies, welcome to aca-initiation night," Audrey said proudly.

I spotted Andy and ran up to him, hugging him tightly. He showed off his jacket as I showed my scarf.

"I'm so proud of you," Andy said.

"I'm proud of you," I retorted.

"Do they know yet?" Andy asked quietly.

"Of course not. They don't have to know about my surgeries," I said, rubbing my neck.

"Come on. You can hang out with the Trebles." Andy grabbed my hand, leading me through the crowd.

"It's weird. Part of the oath was to not have sex with Trebles. If that's the case, how did Mom and Dad end up together?" I questioned.

"They didn't do that, they just went on dates. Nothing wrong about that." Andy shrugged.

"Fair point," I agreed as we walked over to Bumper and Donald.

"Gather around. Ready for a show," Bumper called.

"Come on, baby bubble," Donald added.

"You want some of this."

"I know you do," Donald agreed. "Bumper and Donald, gettin' it."

"You know that never works, or will work on anyone that I've met." I smiled.

"That you've met. You've only met half of the people here," Donald pointed out.

"But one half happens to be high, and the other..." I trailed off.

"I got you." Donald smirked. "Here's the real question. Who would be easier to sleep with, Captain America or a great white shark?"

"Great white shark-" Bumper started before Fat Amy walked over to us.

"Wanna walk and talk?" Donald offered, obviously wanting to get away from the two.

"Sure." I shrugged.

Andy left us alone, going off to talk to a couple of his friends. We walked along the outskirts, holding cups of alcohol in our hands.

"Your parents have quite the legacy here," Donald started.

"Yeah." I smiled. "They do. What I just found out is that Trebles and Bellas are almost forbidden to be together."

"But, yet, your parents still worked out, didn't they?" Donald questioned.

"They did. And now Andy and I are going to hold up their legacy." I nodded.

A song started playing from the center of the stage, and I started humming. Donald beatboxed as I sang. He grabbed my hands and twirled me for the hell of it.

I was going to be in trouble tomorrow.