Chapter Seventy One - Dane

Dane ~

As Tyson and I reached the top of the stairs, we heard Adriana's hysterical voice as she spoke to Vincent, demanding to know why there was blood on his hands as he stood at the sink scrubbing it away.

"What did you do?" Adriana hissed at us as soon as we came into view.

"Enough Adriana." I said flatly with Tyson ignoring her completely.

"Vincent isn't a killer like you Tyson, why would you make him do that?" Adriana screamed.

"He seemed to be right at home with that knife in his hand, so I wouldn't be too sure about that." Tyson countered with a scowl. "Where's Kinsley?"

I wanted to know the same thing as my eyes scanned the room searching for our girl but finding no one but Adriana and Vincent.

"She wouldn't come out of the room until you two came to get her."

Adriana was clearly unimpressed and annoyed at Kinsley's submission and obedience, but she also had no clue what the three of us had been through together.

"Good girl." I mumbled under my breath as Tyson and I went to retrieve her.

Xander was unmoved and alert in front of the door as we came down the hall, giving Tyson a nod of his head while moving to the side so we could enter the room.

"She doing okay?" I asked.

"Checked on her a few times, she feels like dog shit so I told her to lay down and try to sleep it off." Xander said.

"You don't tell her to do anything." Tyson growled causing Xander to straighten his posture and rethink his wording.

"I didn't mean it like that boss, it was just a suggestion...what I thought you would want her to do." Xander quickly added.

The room was dark and Tyson flipped on a lamp as we made our way to the bed to find our Kinsley half asleep.

"How we doin baby?" I asked, taking a seat on the side of the bed and running my hand down the side of her face.

"I feel awful." she groaned, trying to sit up. "Did you get answers from the bartender? Is everything okay?"

Tyson stepped forward and ran his hand through her hair.

"The bartender's taken care of. Everything's okay. Why don't you go sleep in my bed tonight."

I understood perfectly why Tyson wanted her in his bed. He wanted her close and wanted to protect her, but also wanted to make it up to her for being so forceful with her in the bathroom.

"Okay." She said softly, swinging her legs over the side of the bed as the two of us helped her stand.

"Nice and easy gorgeous."

It was obvious that her head was still foggy, but she stood and steadied herself between us, holding on to both of our arms to make sure she could stay upright.

"You got it?" Tyson asked, placing one of his hands on the small of her back as an added assistance.

Kinsley nodded and clutched both of us with a sweet smile that made me want to shut the door and never leave that room again.

"I got it. Thank you." She said softly. "I want to check on Adriana before I go to bed. She was so upset and kept saying her head was pounding."

Tyson and I exchanged looks, but helped Kinsley to the living room despite the fact that we'd rather her go straight to bed. We didn't want her anywhere near Vincent at the moment while his allegiance was still up in the air and questionable. Sure he had killed the bartender, but maybe it was to shut him up so he couldn't reveal how they knew each other.