Chapter 3- Treble-Boned

"Okay, sopranos in the front and altos in the back. As you can see, Kori is not here. Last night, she was Treble-Boned. She has been dis-invited from the Bellas," Aubrey explained.

"That oath was serious?" Beca smiled.

"Dixie Chicks serious. You can fool around with whoever you want to, just not a Treble," Aubrey cautioned.

"That's not going to be easy. He's a hunter." Stacie motioned to herself next to me.

"You call it a dude?" Beca questioned.

"Stacie, the Trebles don't respect us, and if we let them penetrate us, we are giving them our power," Aubrey explained.

"Not a good enough reason to use the word penetrate," Fat Amy blurted.

"Well, does anyone here have anything to confess?" Aubrey questioned, glaring at Mary.

She cracked after a few moments. "It was an accident, I-"

"Turn in your scarf and go," Aubrey said, holding out her hand. "Take your chair."

Mary dragged her chair out of the room. I watched in disbelief. This is what happens when you want to love someone?

"Was that necessary?" Beca questioned.

"This is war, Beca. And it is my job to make sure my soldiers are prepped at go-time with three kick-ass songs and choreographed to perfection. And there are only four months until Regionals, so if you have a problem with the way that I run the Bellas, then you should just-" Aubrey stopped, holding her hand over her mouth.

Chloe comforted her as Lilly raised her hand. She spoke, but I could barely hear anything.

"What did you say?" Chloe asked politely.

Again, nothing.

A short while later, we were watching the video from last year's ICCAs. I grimaced at the sight of Aubrey puking on stage.

"Enough, it happened!" Aubrey stopped us. "It's over. We will practice every day for at least two hours, and you will have to do your own cardio."

"Why cardio?" Beca questioned.

"I'm not doing cardio," Fat Amy agreed.

"Moving on. This is a list of all of the songs we've ever performed, and you will notice that we only do songs made famous by women," Aubrey explained.

"There's nothing from this century on here," I noticed.

"Because we don't stray from tradition, (Y/n). You, of all people, should know this," Aubrey scolded. "Now, this is how we will become... champions."

~~~

"Five, six, seven, eight. Left you all alone..." Chloe said, trying to explain the choreography.

"Okay, I'm calling it," Aubrey said, making me sigh in relief.

"Hey, Aubrey, did we just learn the same choreography from that video?" Beca asked.

"Okay, don't forget to pick up your performance schedules. We have a gig next week," Aubrey explained, ignoring Beca. "Okay, hands in, Bellas. Hands in, aca-bitches. Sing 'ah'-"

"Ah," Fat Amy sang.

"No, no, no. It's actually on three, Fat Amy," Aubrey explained. "Alright, on three. One, two-"

We sang, but a lot of them were incredibly off-pitch. "Okay, we will work on that first thing next time."

As soon as I got back to my dorm, I heard Stacie moaning, followed by a deep voice talking. I groaned, deciding to head to Andy's dorm. I knocked rapidly until he answered.

"Can I crash for a bit?" I asked.

"'Course." Andy smiled, letting me sit in his beanbag in the room's corner. "What brings you here?"

"Stacie's with someone and I heard moaning." I shook my head, running my hands over my face. "And Aubrey's on us like a bur on your sock that you just can't get rid of."

Andy chuckled. "Yeah. Bumper's really easy on us. He thinks we'll be just fine. I mean, today was just a hangout."

"That sounds nice," I sighed, playing on my phone.

"How's our song going?" Andy asked.

"Good. I've got the beat down. I just need to figure out the instruments and we need to record it," I explained.

"Remember the good ol' days?" Andy asked, pulling up a video on his computer that showed up on the TV.

I smiled at our group performing Fireflies by Owl City. I was in the background, beat boxing as Andy danced beside me, singing bass. Aria skipped up to the front, motioning for me to come over. We finished, and the crowd cheered wildly.

"That's you, beat boxing?" Donald questioned, standing in the doorway.

"Yeah." I nodded, blushing lightly.

"You're good," Donald complimented.

"Come on, Don, don't hit on my sister," Andy groaned. "At least not in our dorm room." He looked over at me, smiling. "Do you want to watch another one?"

"Sure," Donald shrugged.

Andy searched through the videos until he found one that he liked. I laid back, watching as the girls started singing Mr. Sandman. I groaned. It was just the girls performing. I was beat boxing as the song changed. We stopped, pausing before the lights came back on and we were in color again. Before, we were under lighting that made it look like we were black and white.

"I love our performances, but sometimes they're really hard to watch," I commented.

As I sang It's Raining Men, Katie took over the beat. Andy smiled as I hit the high note, a strain in my vocal chords that took me a couple of hours to get rid of.

"Pretty," Donald whispered.

I got a text from Stacie telling me to come back to the room and that she was sorry I heard it. I shook my head with a sigh, grabbing my bag and getting up.

"See you two later," I said, ruffling Andy's hair before leaving.