Introduction to Torth Book #6

Torth rule the known universe (our galaxy) with absolute and unchallenged authority. They absorb knowledge and peer through each other's eyes, using their collective knowledge to enslave alien civilizations.

Their countless quadrillions of slaves don't know that their silent masters are also oppressed—by their own collective peer pressure.

Torth dare not laugh out loud, have sex, or feel any intense emotion. Their inner audiences don't like that. Popularity means promotion. Unpopularity means death.

Until one of the most popular Torth invites a reject from Earth to join the collective...

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ 

The previous five books used to be on Wattpad. I am now releasing them for free on RoyalRoad [user: AbbyBabble], with advance chapters on my Patreon /abbygoldsmith. 

The Torth series should be read in this order: 

1. Majority ❉ 2. Colossus Rising ❉ 3. Nowhere Nation ❉ 4. World Of Wreckage ❉ 5. Megacosmic Rift ❉ 6. Greater Than All ❉ 7. Empire Ender

The following is an excerpt from the most recent book, Megacosmic Rift: 

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ 

Thomas had assumed that gaining Torth allies would be a snap, just a matter of winning over a key Torth or two.

But he had done everything possible to help them.

He had carried more than a million Torth to a metaphorical door of redemption. He had opened it for them. All they had to do was step through it and embrace their long-suppressed, emotional, human nature.

If they were too cowardly ... if they still refused....

Well. He supposed he might need to prod them with an "or else."

"The boy is willing," Garrett said.

Thomas stared at his hands.

He did not want the smug Majority to win, even for a second. They did not deserve victory. He would not allow the Torth Empire to reclaim territory which his people had won in bloody battles. So, well ... perhaps he would not mind brainwashing the most offensive prisoners.

He would not zombify a lot of them. Just a few.

Just the ones who deserved to lose all of their freedom.

He could single out the ones who gleefully replayed the Upward Governess's death over and over, with triumphant repetition. He would do just enough to send a message reverberating through the Megacosm, to make every Rosy Rank and Servant of All tremble at the idea of going into battle. 

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ 

To everyone who has stuck with this series: 

Thank you!!! I mean that from the bottom of my heart. It's insane to write an epic series. It's a time sink, it's a life derailment, and it's up against more competition than there has ever been in the history of the written word. If I didn't see votes and comments here, I'm not sure what I would do. Curl up and die a little more? 

When I first started writing seriously, I believed it wouldn't be too hard to become a best-selling author (HAHAHAHAHAaaa I was so very, very wrong). I've since learned that literary agents are swamped with submissions and reluctant to consider certain out-of-favor tropes or long series that have already been written. Major publishers, much like movie studios, have consolidated and merged into mega-corporations, and those Big Four are reluctant to risk money on stuff that doesn't have a quantifiably proven audience. And while it is super easy to go indie and press the "publish" button on Amazon, everyone is doing that now. It's easy to self-publish and easy to get lost in the ongoing flood, as a new book is published every 2 minutes. The success stories tend to be indie authors who got in early, or who are very good at marketing and self-promotion. 

I'm finding my path. But you are a part of that. You might think you're just a free tier reader, and maybe you think that doesn't matter, since you have given me nothing but your time, but it really does matter. Time is the most valuable thing people have. I'm honored that you chose to spend it with my books. 

Anything extra on top of that is super awesome to me. Votes. Comments. If you signed up for my mailing list (sorry for not sending anything out yet), that matters. When I hit the "publish" button on Amazon, I will be extremely grateful for legit reader reviews right out of the gate, because that can make or break an indie author. It's easy to join at abbygoldsmith.com/subscribe

I want to give an extra shout-out to @GOLIXTH and @NoteOfE, who are supporting me on Patreon. I appreciate that more than I can say. You're making me feel like a real author for the first time, by industry measuring standards.

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ 

Add this book to your library in order to be notified of new chapters. Add it to your reading list(s) in order to help boost its visibility in the mysterious Wattpad algorithms. Votes also help with visibility. 

And if you follow my profile, I will not inundate you with news, but I will post stuff about my adventures towards publication, and things about my personal life, from time to time.

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ 

Greater Than All Copyright © 2021 Abby Goldsmith. All rights reserved. Publication of this work to any other site or forum without written permission of the author is strictly prohibited.