Chapter 12 - 2nd chances and admittings

It was now the next day, and Avery was on her way to the library, she felt like doing early studying for the OWLs.

As Avery walked in she noticed most tables were full but one. And it had a certain red-head.

She looks around for any other tables but there's none. She sighs before going over to the table.

"L-lily," her soft voice called out quietly.

Lily immediately looks up when she hears her voice and widens her eyes.

"A- Avery! What are you doing over here?" Lily asks.

"Um, all the other tables are full, and I thought that we should talk." Avery says as she looks down slightly.

"Oh, oh! Okay, come sit."

"Thanks," the blonde mutters.

They sit there in silence before Lily blurts out, "I'm sorry,"

"What?" Avery asks at the sudden apology.

"I'm sorry! For being a selfish, rude, horrible best friend." Lily mutters.

"It's-," Avery is interrupted.

"No! It is not okay! I pushed you down the stairs, gosh! I'm horrible." Lily exclaims only to be shushed by Madam Pince.

"Let's take this elsewhere."

So they do, they go to the kitchens. After a while of talking Avery tells Lily that she's not sure of trusting her yet.

"Lily, you, you were so mean to me," Avery mumbles before continuing, "I wanna say I forgive you, but I don't! I really want to but I can't,"

"I'm really sorry, I mean it. I was a horrible friend to you for so long, I shouldn't have acted the way I did to you. I- I didn't mean to push you down those stairs. I didn't even bloody know that they were there at the time. I had run off like a coward instead of checking on my best friend. And that's why I'm asking this now, can I do anything be a better friend?" Lily asks genuinely wanting to have her best friend back.

"By being there for me, but not pushing away your feelings, I don't want you to end up like me. By, by, um.. By being an actual friend, letting me be friends with whoever I want." Avery says referring to when Lily had told her not to be friends with James, a few years back.

"I know, and I'm sorry-,"

"Bloody hell, Lily! Saying sorry doesn't fix anything! Okay, show me you're sorry, okay? I- I'll give you another chance." Avery tells the red-head.

"I know and- Wait, what? Thank you! I will prove to you that I will be a better friend," Lily exclaims happily making Avery giggle.

*-*-*-*

Avery and Lily had just parted ways and Avery had no idea how to tell her boys so she decided to just try to give off little hints.

Avery greeted Elizabeth, also known as The Fat Lady, before walking in the Gryffindor common room and up to the Marauders dorm.

"Hi, boys," Avery greets the boys.

"Hi Aves." Peter and Sirius chorus.

"Hey, love." James greets, smiling at the girl causing her blush.

"Um, so I have a question," Avery says nervously as the boys do their own things.

Remus reading, Sirius messing around with his hair in front of a mirror, Peter eating candy, and James playing with a snitch he had nicked.

"Go on," Remus says not looking away from his book.

"So, if I was friends with Lily again, what would you do?"