seventeen

[

[ . . . ]

FOR ONCE, JIYEON FELT GOOD WHEN SHE WOKE UP. Having Heeseung's arms wrapped around her brought a feeling of safety. They hadn't talked about her breakdown the day before, finding no reason to bring it up again.

A small sigh rolled off her tongue as she snuggled closer to him, enjoying the feeling of his body against hers. His arms tightened around her, bringing her as close to him as possible.

'Are we going to do anything today?' Jiyeon asked, voice muffled because her face was pressed against his shoulder.

'We are.'

'When?'

'In a few hours.'

Jiyeon hummed in response. 'What are we going to do?'

'That's a surprise,' he chuckled.

'You know I don't like surprises.'

'I know, but you'll like this one.'

'Are you sure?'

'Absolutely.'

'One hundred per cent sure?'

'One hundred per cent,' Heeseung said.

Jiyeon was not really excited. She was not one to go out with her friends. Admittedly, she didn't have any except for Heeseung. Despite this, there was a part of her that wondered if she and Heeseung could be more than friends.

On the other hand, there was another part of her that screamed at her to let go. Let go of Heeseung, let go of herself, let go of everything. Heeseung was too pure for her ━ not that Jiyeon deserved love anyway.

If he ever got the chance to see her thoughts, to see how much she valued herself he would scold her into oblivion. He wanted her to be happy, to love herself and enjoy life for once. But fuck it was hard. She wouldn't let herself be happy.

Jiyeon didn't want a reason to stay.

She wanted a reason to leave.

Heeseung was a reason to stay, and yet she couldn't seem to push him away. She couldn't possibly hurt his feelings that way. Granted, she wouldn't know how much he was hurting if she took her own life for she had no consciousness ━ at least not in her body.

'Are you thinking again?'

She was always thinking, was she not? Jiyeon couldn't think of a time during the day where she wasn't thinking ━ where she wasn't going through her life choices and scolding herself for her mistakes.

'I am.'

Would he be disappointed?

'What are you thinking about?'

You.

'Nothing important.'

Right now, you were the most important thing.

'Then you wouldn't mind telling me. . .'

'I would mind.'

'So it is important?'

'You are.'

A breathless chuckle left his lips. Jiyeon was bold, she held no shame. He liked it a lot.

'Is this where we're supposed to kiss?' he asked, using her own words against her.

Jiyeon snickered. 'Do you want to?'

'Would it be your first kiss?'

'Would you be surprised if I said yes?'

Heeseung hummed in response ━ just as she had. 'I would actually.'

'Would you mind if I kissed you now?'

The question took Jiyeon off guard, sure, he was confident but never had she imagined him to be this confident.

'No.'

And so, Heeseung kissed her. 

[ . . . ]