Chapter 18

When Korra entered the room, it seemed the air got a little bit thicker. Chattering stopped and all eyes were on her. Only until she shut the door, everything went back to normal. Except from one pair of eyes, green. They watched her make her way over to the empty sofa on the other side of the room.

Was the situation really that bad to the point where Korra wouldn't even bat an eyelash her way? Asami blew a stray strand out of her face. Did she really mess up that bad?

No. in fact she didn't do anything wrong at all. Whatever is happening between them was getting sorted out, right there and then. Asami prepared herself to jump up from her seat and march right over to the woman and have a mature conversation, but Bolin had different ideas. He sprung up a new topic to talk about.

"What's that family you don't like Asami?" He asked, tapping her shoulder to gain even more of her attention.

Fuck. Asami relaxed back into her seat and moved her eyes away from Korra. "I like all my student's families..."

Bolin scrunched up his face. "That's a lie if I've ever heard one."

Well, he wasn't exactly wrong. There was one family that reminded her of him. So much of him that Asami developed some sort of hatred for the father of one of her students. She didn't show it of course, but she tries to make least eye contact with him as possible.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Asami replied, glancing over to Korra once more.

"Eh, oh well." Bolin said. "Even families like that look forward to parents evening. Heck, I look forward to parents evening."

Asami chuckled. "No surprise there."

"Come on! You have to like it." Bolin nudged her shoulder, laughing. "You're such a spoil sport Asami."

"Guilty as charged."

"What's so special about Parent's evening then?" Kuvira asked, reminding Asami that she was also in the room.

Bolin was quick to explain. He perched himself on the edge of the sofa and spoke. "We normally host some sort of fair, not sure why but apparently it's been happening way before I was even a teacher here."

Kuvira quirked an eyebrow up, crossing her legs over. "How big of a fair are we talking about here?"

"You know! Bouncy castles, stuff like that. Even the parents love it." Bolin exclaimed, using his hands to over exaggerate his statement more.

Kuvira looked out the nearest window and out onto the field and playground. It's big enough to hold many things there. Her eyes dipped to the person sitting alone on the other side of the room. "I suppose that's a good idea." She hummed and then raised her voice. "What do you think Korra?"

Korra jumped at the sudden mention of her name, almost cursing to herself when she saw Kuvira beckoning her over to sit closer to the group. Of course, she accepted the offer, walking slowly over to them all. Though, she couldn't understand why her eyes decided to be glued to the floor all the way. It was the fact that Asami was sitting right in front of her that made it difficult.

She shouldn't be acting this way. Like a child ready to be scolded, or a new student in a new school. I'm a police officer for fucks sake. Get a grip

<->

Later, Hiro came hobbling into class with Tikkani behind him. Holding his thumb, he raced over to Korra who was settling everyone else in after break. "Miss!" He shouted and Korra turned around immediately. "I can't do math today."

Korra rose a brow. "Why's that?"

"Because look." He said and removed his other hand, exposing a small graze on his left thumb. "I fell over and now it hurts when I make a nine." He explained, showing Korra how he counted on his fingers. Making a four on his right hand and struggling to make a five on his other.