Chapter 6: 1st Years, Honestly

Season 8, Episode 1♤

Yawning, Angela and Teddy see Callie, Arizona and Sofia exiting the elevator, "Hey. You guys going to that breakfast thing?"

"Uh, yeah, after we drop her off at day care," Arizona tells them.

Angela perks up a little bit and starts making faces at the baby, Teddy joining her.

Callie looks at the cardio attendings, "Whats wrong with them?"

"Teddy is getting laid. She's unnaturally cheerful. I don't know what's up with Angela."

"Lets just say your daddy knows what he's doing, yes he does," Angela smiles, tickling Sofia.

Little Grey walls with her new interns, giving the standard speech, "A month ago you were in med school being taught by doctors. And now you are the doctors."

One of them asks, "Will we be going into an OR today?"

"Oh, new interns? I hate new interns," Callie comments.

"I haven't been around new interns since I was a resident. I hated them then," Angela sips her coffee, accepting the chart a nurse hands her.

Teddy starts going on about how they are the future, all full of hope. Angela chuckles, "The sex with Henry is definitely amazing.

"Earth-shattering. Not even Yang can get me down."

"Actually, I will be taking Yang on my service for the foreseeable future. I want to see what she's got," Angela says, Teddy nodding.

"Your call, A. Whatever works for you."

♤♤♤♤

Mark sets a bowl of oatmeal infront of Angela before joining her, Derek and Owen at their table. They all look up as April starts her speech.

"Good morning, and, uh, welcome to your final year of residency," they see that no one is paying attention.

"You three just follow my lead," Angela advises before standing up and walking across the room and projecting her voice, "I don't know about my fellow attendings, but when I'm looking at sending out recommendations to my friends at Mass Gen, John Hopkins, Mayo, and more, I typically look at how they respect their fellow residents. Especially chief resident. Plus, because of my close friendship with my chief resident, I got a perfect score on my boards and had my pick of jobs. But if this hears residents think their too good to listen to Dr. Kepner, then I guess I'm just to good to send out recommendations this year."

Teddy and Owen silently laugh as Derek nods, "Oh, I agree, Dr. Karev. How you treat the chief resident is very telling."

As they turn their attention to April, so do the residents, scared of getting a bad recommendation, "Uh, this breakfast is the one time when all the fifth years and the attendings will be in the same room, so use your time wisely, residents...find a mentor...ask questions, get advice on your futures."

Angela makes her way to Yang, "Yang. Here's my deal, since this is the most important year of residency for you, I'm gonna teach you. You are my resident until I say otherwise. No other specialties, no other attendings, just you and I. If that doesn't work for you, walk away now. If you're up for it, tell me now."