chapter 16- whispers

"fuck," is the first thing i say. "i'm sorry guys..."

"no big deal!" aubrey says cheerfully. "that was a lot of fun! and i made it to dodgebolt at my first mcc! that's amazing!" aubrey's giddy attitude brings my spirits up as i type "gg" in the chat.

TommyInnit whispers to you: should we tell her about karl?

You whisper to TommyInnit: ???????

TommyInnit whispers to you: she's excited about getting second at her first mcc while karl won his first mcc

You whisper to TommyInnit: don't you dare say a word.

tommy lets out an audible laugh and congratulates our team. we watch the green guardians walk out with their crowns on, techno's looking extremely stupid, considering it covers his skin's eyes.

"on the bright side," tubbo says. "we did win best skins! check the twitter poll!"

i whip out my twitter quickly and take a look at the many polls mcc put up on their page and sure enough, lime llamas won best skin. there's a screenshot that tommy took included in the tweet, of all of us posing with our matching jackets. i smile and retweet the picture, as does the rest of my team.

"we should ask scott smajor to pair the four of us together again," tubbo says. "that was loads of fun."

"i agree!" aubrey says.

"uhh..." tommy objects. "i thought scott didn't allow-"

"we're always an exception."

"oh." tommy lets out a nervous laugh at aubrey's deadpanned words.

the four of us walk over to an empty area. we mess around a little, then aubrey and i proceed to talk a little bit while tommy and tubbo get sidetracked doing god knows what.

"what part of the uk are you from?" i ask her.

"london," she responds. "what about you?"

"brighton."

"hey, that's only a two hour drive!"

my heart freezes for a minute. is she suggesting what i think she's suggesting?

"we should definitely meet up soon!" aubrey exclaims joyfully. she gets flustered after immediately spitting that out. "if you want. no pressure. i get if you don't. we only just met, anyway. i guess i got excited, and-"

"i'd love to meet you," i cut her off. i hear a satisfied sigh on her side of the call.

"OOPS," tommy yells. "please ignore that aubrey. please ignore."

"ignore what?" i ask. "what'd he do?"

"tommyinnit whispers to you," aubrey recites. "we should totally set aubrey and wilbur up and then crash their first date." my face goes red.

"that was meant for tubbo!" tommy says.

"how the HELL did you send it to aubrey when you meant it for me?!" tubbo scolds. "i'm dyslexic and i know that T and A are nowhere NEAR each other on the keyboard, nor do the names 'tubbo' and 'aubrey' look similar at ALL!"

"because i was looking at aubrey's name while i wrote that, so i guessed my thoughts crossed over with what i was typing and i wrote her name and- UGH! just ignore what i said!"

the four of us laugh.

Tubbo_ whispers to you: they are definatly in love <3

i laugh at the spelling error and tubbo lets out a gasp.

"YOU CURSED ME!" tubbo yells.

"i didn't do anything," aubrey defends.

"what? no, not you this time! TOMMY!"

"what did i do?" tommy shouts.

"tubbo underscore whispers to you," i read.

"SHUT UP!" tubbo cries out. i laugh.

"they are d-e-f-i-n-a-t-l-y in love. with a heart at the end," i put emphasis on spelling out the incorrect word.

"i swear," aubrey says with a giggle. "why are the children constantly whispering about us?"

"YOU IDIOT!" tommy screams. "HOW DID WE BOTH DO THAT?"

"YOU WERE THE IDIOT FIRST!" tubbo yells back. "YOU JUST TURNED INTO A WITCH AND HEXED ME! aubrey passed the witch trait onto you!"

"that sucks," i say while holding in a laugh. i'm barely listening as i try to hide how red my face is while my chat loses their mind.

"you say that like it's a bad thing," aubrey groans.

we hear a few discord "dings," signaling that a few people joined our call.

"hello," technoblade says in his monotone voice.

"techno!" tommy shouts. "congrats! that was really good."

"thanks. good shot in the second round, tubbo."

"thank you."

"where are you guys?" quackity asks, revealing the other new person in the call.

"near the river," aubrey responds.

a few seconds of silence pass before quackity speaks up again.

"aubrey, i think you're forgetting something."

"what am i forgetting?"

"a few words, perhaps?"

"i'm not congratulating you, asshole."

"come on, don't make our relationship look toxic."

...

relationship.

everything in my body freezes. my bloodstream turns to ice and i swear i go numb. it feels like i haven't moved for an eternity, when it's only been a few seconds. my heart doesn't beat. my lungs don't fill with air. my eyes don't blink. i just sit there, mouth agape, all the life draining out of me.

"get yourself together, wilbur!" i think to myself. "you met her today. it was only a little crush. it doesn't matter."

"plus, maybe he meant platonic relationship. maybe it's okay. and even if it's not, you're overreacting. you just met her. calm down."

"also, in case you forgot, you're live."

that last thought snaps me back in reality. my little moment barely lasted six seconds, but the impact of that one word that exited quackity's mouth affects me for way longer than a few measly seconds.

"okay, jesus christ," aubrey groans, an eye roll evident in her voice. "congratulations." quackity humphs in satisfaction.

"thanks, babe."

i didn't know it was possible, but somehow right then my world crumbles even more.

(A/N hi!! sad!! but i guess we all sorta saw that one coming HAHAHAH i didn't do a good job of hiding it </3 a little side note though, i KNOW wilbur is overreacting to the news of aubrey being in a relationship, but this isn't supposed to be realistic! i don't know how wilbur would react if this actually happened to him because, surprise, i'm not wilbur LOL and i don't know wilbur. i'm just writing my story how i want to write it. with a bit of angst >:) even though i don't think i'm good at writing angsty stuff HAHAHA but anyway! author's note over. please vote, comment, share, and add this to your reading lists! i hope you have a lovely day and remember that i love you very much <3)