fifty four.

CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR
power of the empire

Hakeem

Warren finished introducing Hakeem to the stage. He walked off, and now there was nothing left for Hakeem to do but perform his ass off. The music started playing, and he appeared on the stage one step at a time while rapping. The audience started cheering as soon as he emerged.

HAKEEM :

I wanna reign over my Empire like Caesar
I wanna walk over water and die like Jesus
I want a G5 Learjet fully loaded, all new features
It's easy to travel the world with a lifetime Visa!

Hakeem kept rapping while walking around the stage. He had so much power in his voice, like the song title said.

HAKEEM :

T-time of the essence
Hot damn it keep me focused!
My mind is a weapon
I gotta keep it loaded
They all wanna see you whenever you make it
They all wanna come when your name in the papers
The more that you give 'em, the more that they taking
So you gotta remember to cover the basics!

It was time for the chorus, and the stage lights revealed the choir behind him. The stage effects went crazy as he and the choir did their thing. Then the beat calmed down a little bit, but Hakeem was still hype. He pointed at the audience while rapping, and they were jamming hard. Especially Lucious. Cookie looked impressed too.

But not Jamal.

HAKEEM :

I want everybody at attention!
You can call me Mr. Lyon when I visit!
If money is the root to all evil, you can see me ball!
People never see me fall!

Hakeem pretended to fall as he said that last line, but he caught himself to match what he had said. He bent down while rapping and then sung the chorus again with the choir singing behind him, while he did some dance moves. The stage effects were still going crazy.

Hakeem ended up pointing right at Jamal as he rapped, and Jamal rolled his eyes. Then Hakeem and the choir sung the chorus one final time with all of their emotion. That's when Tiana brought out his throne. Hakeem sat on it while a crown was being placed on his head, as he rapped his final verse with no music playing. Tiana sat on his lap like the queen she was.

At the end, he put his fist in the air and glared at Jamal. Jamal glared right back while the audience's applause was deafening. Even Hakeem's family was cheering like crazy, and he smirked.

Let's see Jamal beat that.