32

"Fuck," Blake says running his hands through his hair. How had he allowed things to get this bad between him and Ili? How had his brothers allowed it? She is their special one, how had they allowed her to feel like this? He fights the panic to gather his thoughts. She likely won't give him or any of them another chance if he fucks this one up. Hell, she might not even give him this. 

To tell the truth he wouldn't blame her. They have treated her badly, but there was a reason, a good one, but was it good enough to salvage things with her? He's not sure and he's not sure that he or any of them deserve it.

"Well, are you going to leave now? I still have packing and boxing up to do. Mostly boxing up, no reason to keep things that will bring me nothing more than painful memories with me." He then watches as she places something that he gave her into one of the boxes. He closes his eyes in pain. He doesn't have to look to know that the boxes are full of the gifts that he and his brothers have given her. What in the past she considered her most prized possessions.

"Please, I won't try to convince you to stay. We haven't earned that right, we have treated you badly. There are, however, some things that you should know. Things that I was told I should hold back from you until you came of age. Things that we recently just found out and things that we suspect but aren't able to prove that last has to do with the death of your parents and mine." It was that last that captures Iliana's attention.

"After all these years?" It has been five since his parents were killed and ten since hers were.

"Please, sit and I will tell you what I can and then, if you would like the rest, it will need to be said in front of my brothers. There is far more going on then you can possibly imagine, please, Ili give me this chance to tell you this, then if you still wish to leave, that will be your choice, but you will do so with full knowledge."

Iliana looks at him with distrust, something he's never seen from her before and it stabs him in the heart. The pain nearly doubling him over. He sucks in air trying to breathe through the pain. Finally she gives a short nod and goes to her bed moving the suitcase over she sits down. 

Blake looks for permission and with her slow and distrustful nod makes his way to the bed as well. "Some of this will be difficult to tell you, some will be likely be hard for you to understand. If you don't understand something, just ask me to explain it and I will to the best of my abilities."

Ili nods and makes a hand motion for him to get on with it. So Blake takes a deep breath before beginning.

"My family, my parents, my brothers and I are vampires." Blake tells her just spitting it out. He looks at her nervously expecting her to either start laughing or denying it or being outraged by his saying that. Anything other than the get on with it look that she was giving him.

Blake looks at her, "You don't have a problem with that?" He was very confused.

"I've known for years. Since I was six in fact. When my mother and I found you and Isaac giving a live porno she told me what you two were doing and the reason why. When she said that that was how babies were made I was less than pleased at the thought you were trying to give them a baby, but then mother said that you would use protection and never mind, it isn't important and that was twelve years ago, today, actually."

"You've known all this time? You've known and it never bothered you?" Blake is more than a little incredulous at this turn of events. The big secret he and his brothers have been hiding from her for so long. Then it hits him what she said about the timing. It makes him sick. She was so young to learn so much and in such a raw way.

"You and Isaac have always had beautiful bodies Blake, now are you going to continue or are you going to leave?"

"Okay, there is something you need to know about vampires."

"I know why you and your brothers have your flavors and I know..." Ilia stops talking as Blake shakes his head.

"I'm sure that your mother explained it all so you understood. One thing Lovina did excellently was make sure people understood a situation. She hated having to repeat herself and having to give the same explanation more than once. She had a way of making you feel stupid if she had to do so."

Ili smiles softly in remembrance, "Yes, I had hoped to be like her some day."

"You are very like your mother, Ili, never doubt that." Blake tells her earnestly.

Ili gives a scoff at his words, "Right. Stop calling me Ili, Ili is a name used by my friends and family. I don't have any here any more. Same goes with Lia." Iliana says bitterly.

Blake chokes back the tears her words cause. Once he can speak again he continues, "You are family, you always have been."

"Not according to you or your brothers. Please, just get on with it or leave."

Iliana has become harder and colder than he's ever known her to be and they had done this to her.

Blake takes a deep breath and continues. "Vampires all have special ones. I know you like reading those supernatural romances about werewolves and what not. Special ones are like the mates the werewolves have in those books.

"Sometimes, vampires don't find their special one and find someone else to fall in love with and marry.

"That's what happened to my parents. After several centuries they gave up on looking for their special one and fell in love with each other."

"Wait," Iliana holds her hand up to stop him. "Your parents were several centuries old?" Iliana gives him a faint smile and shakes her head.

"Yes, when they died they were nearing their fourth century." Blake tells her seriously.

With those words Iliana closes off completely and her face goes into the blank mask she had had on earlier. The one he had broken through not long before. He hates that damn mask.

"Your father worked for mine for some time before he finally made it to an executive level. It was then when your father first attended a social for the executives that your parents met both of mine. That's when my father realized that your mother was his special one and my mother realized that your father was hers."

The look of absolute shock breaks through that mask. Blake just hopes that she doesn't shut down completely before he's able to tell her everything.