Chapter 50

They found her easily.

Eisa had led them to Lucien's penthouse, thinking that Finn could greet him while Eisa retrieved some of Cami's dark objects under the ruse of Kol needing them.

But Lucien had not been home. Eisa had gone inside, and waved at the camera she knew was hidden in the mirror. "Came to get a few of my brother's things," she said, holding up the dark objects, just so she could be upfront about it. "Kol and Finn are back. Finn would like to greet you, so text me when you're home."

She had walked right out the door, tucking the dark objects in her bag. She and Finn had been waiting for the elevator to come back up, and were about to step in, when the doors opened to reveal Aurora, on her way to visit Lucien.

The redhead's eyes went wide, and she knew she was screwed. Eisa had her heart in her hand within seconds, and tore it out before Aurora could even think to scream for help.

"Wonderful," said Eisa once she and Finn got in the elevator. Eisa tossed Aurora's body over her shoulder, then put the heart in her bag while Finn knelt down to clean a few drops that had spilled. "That felt really good."

"Perhaps you might've hesitated a bit, to look into her mind and find the white oak?" said Finn.

Eisa frowned. "Didn't think of that. Oh, well. I'll have to hope that The Strix Coven or Isela or Freya locates it."

The two siblings trotted out of the penthouse, and got into Eisa's car so that she could drive them to the Davilla Estate. Inside, they found a few Strix milling around, and Eisa lifted Aurora's body like a trophy as she walked in, before depositing the corpse and the heart on the ground in front of some of her lieutenants.

"That's one thing out of the way," she announced to them. "Another thing I must mention—" she gestured to Finn. "This is my brother, Finn. You're to treat him with the same respect you would me or Elijah. Additionally, my brother Kol is back too, and unfortunately for me, he fancies Davina Claire, which means that all attempts on her life must come to a halt."

One of the lieutenants raised their hand, and Eisa allowed them to speak. "Is our only task to find the white oak, then?"

"Yes," she replied. "The witches will be hard at work, trying to break the spells that are concealing it. The rest of you, keep an eye out. I've heard that rumors are being spread, but no one seems to know exactly who started them. Be vigilant, and inform me of anything that might be interesting. That is all."

The Strix nodded, and Eisa led Finn back out to the car. "I'm in the mood for celebrating," said Eisa brightly. "What are you craving?"

Finn leaned back in his seat, thinking. "Well, you know I do not crave blood, but I would never say no to liquor."

"Rousseau's it is, then," said Eisa, starting to drive them there. She handed him her phone. "Call Freya, see if she wants to join in."

Finn grinned, taking the phone, and, after a bit of confusion, managed to call Freya. "Sister," he said when she answered. "Eisa is driving us to Rousseau's. Would you like to come with us?"

"Ooh, what's the occasion?" asked Freya. "I could be there in a bit, Lucien stopped by, and I need time to get ready."

"He did?" asked Eisa loudly. "Oh, well, no wonder he wasn't there when we went by the penthouse."

"Yes, he needed to speak with Klaus, but of course, our brother isn't here."

"What did you tell him?" asked Finn, furrowing his brows. "I don't recall Niklaus listing Lucien as one of the individuals allowed to know the truth. He was distraught enough telling Camille, because she could not go with them."