23: rehashing

Picture of Jess & Julia! (Her friend)

Keep voting a lot to make the story spread xxxxx AND COMMENT, FAM

Jess

* * CHRISTMAS EVE * *

It was so unbelievable nice to be home. The familiar rain, the smell, the city. It was nice to be somewhere that I knew like the back of my hand.

I've stayed inside my apartment for most of the three days I've been here. Paparazzi hadn't been stalking outside of my door, which was always a good sign.

My best friend, Julia, was going to come home today from college. She'd been on break for at least a week or two now, but she was involved with a lot of charities at WSU.

I picked through the clothes that I had at my apartment and settled with a leather jacket, black long sleeve, and black scarf, with jeans. I grabbed my purse, presents, and phone and walked out the door. I took the stairs to the lobby and said goodbye to the security standing by the door, Steven.

"Merry Christmas Eve, Steven," I smile at him.

He nodded his head at me. "To you as well, Jessica. Do you need me to fetch you a cab?"

I shake my head. "Nope, that's okay. Thank you."

"Alright stay dry!"

It takes a minute or two to hail a cab. Luckily I had an umbrella to protect me from the pouring rain.

I told the cab driver Julia's parent's address and we were on our way. Being honest, it felt really weird to not have Robbie and Sal with me.

"You famous, ain't you?" The man asked.

"Um, no, but I've been told I look like that one girl Jessica Steele," I reply swiftly. I'd been practicing this response for a while now. It took all my self control not to start laughing.

I saw the man smile from the rearview mirror. "You look a lot like the girl. But if I were honest, you're a lot prettier than her."

I laugh quietly. "Thank you."

I take out my phone and start going through my texts. I hadn't checked them since last night, so I had a bunch.

7 from Jane.
1 from Robbie.
4 from Julia.
14 from Harry.

Jane

What's the point in you having a phone if you won't answer!

Hello??? Did you get my package???

»I said no presents, JANIE

Robbie

Miss you, girl!! Have a great Christmas...see you soon!

Julia

I'M HOME AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU OMG ITS BEEN LIKE A YEAR WTF

YO YO YO YOU GONNA ANSWER?!

BTW MY MOM AND DAD ARE SO SO SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU. MOSTLY CAUSE THEY WANNA AUTOGRAPH FROM BLAKE SHELTON OR SOMETHING

BUT THEY STILL LOVE YOU THO

»AWWW MIKE AND ROSE ARE GOALS. BTW IM OMW TO THEIR HOUSE RN

Harold

Gem misses you a bunch. She got you a present and everything, hahah

I swear my mum loves you more than she loves me.

Merry Christmas from over here, Jessy...See you very soon xx