❤Teppei Pt.3❤

I promise this ending is good! I promise!!

It's been a few days since Aether became a captain, (Y/n) was given her own group, and Teppei was on an assignment. Aether was training Swordfish 2 and helping them get better with their combat skills. As for (Y/n), her and her group were usually sent out to the front lines as reinforcements. It may not be the best of things, but it was better than nothing.

During that time though, (Y/n) and Teppei grew closer and closer with each passing hour. The two had met not very long ago, but both of them knew something was there. That there was more to their friendship, but both didn't want to say anything due to the war they are currently in. But whenever they looked at each other, their faces flushed red. Everyone in Teppei's group and (Y/n)'s group knew they had a thing, and some were encouraging the two to confess, but both parties denied it in the most obvious way possible.

But now? Now, it is time to meet back up with Aether.

"Long time no see, Aether!" Teppei greeted happily.

"Hi Aether!" (Y/n) waved happily.

"So, how's Swordfish 2 treating you?" Teppei asked, getting right to the point. "Getting along ok with everyone?"

"Well..." Aether scratched the back of his head, not knowing how to respond to Teppeis's question.

"Hehe, well you're in luck, because this seasoned veratrin's got a few leadership tips for you!" Teppei crossed his arms over his chest in confidence.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes with an amused smile on her face.

"Raising their pay will boost morale," Teppei talked, trying to remember what he had read in that book. "While giving htem a few bounties will act as an incentive to go the extra mile. It's also important to maintain strict discipline at all times, and finally... uh, wait, what was it, what was it..."

"Forgot it already?" (Y/n) teased.

"Oh shush." Teppei elbowed the girl in the arm.

"Wow," Paimon was impressed. Where'd ya learn all that, Teppei?"

"I read it in a novel from the Yae Publishing House..." Teppei admitted. "It was a long time ago. You wouldn't believe how many Dongo it took to convince my friend to let me borrow it."

"You're seriously gonna use a novel to tell people how to run an army?" Paimon asked. "Pretty sure that's called being an 'armchair general'..."

"That's what I said!" (Y/n) laughed, remembering she was questioning Teppei on his leadership skills from a book.

"Haw-haw, that's where you underestimate me!" Teppei boasted, a big smile on his face. "That's right, I'm leaning military management on the job now, just like you."

"You too?" Aether asked, happy to hear about his friends big promotion.

"You'd better believe it!" Teppie looked up with pride in his eyes. "Thanks to my outstanding achievements in the recent naval battle, I've officially been made the captain of my very own special operations unit. It's a brand new unit: Herring 2! What do you think? Pretty awesome, right?"

"Wait, if you're the captain of Herring 2, then who's the captain of Herring 1?" Paimon asked.

"Me," (Y/n) raised her hand. "Her Excellency had made me a captain when you left, and sent me as support on the front lines or to any other gorups that need my help. Her Excellency said my Energiro powers would be useful for support, but she didn't want me to fight on the front lines by myself just in case something were to happen to me, and we don't loose my powers."