fifty.

CHAPTER FIFTY
officially together

Hakeem

Hakeem sat on his bed, staring at the conversation he had with that unknown person. They had said they were his biggest fan, but everyone always said that, so how was he supposed to know who they were? Hakeem had asked them for a name, but they never responded.

The part that was really bugging him was when they said they'd always have his back. What the hell did that mean? Well, he knew what it meant, but why did they need to have his back? Nothing was going on.

Hakeem was getting ready to text them for some more answers, but then he got a call from an unknown number. He had a feeling it was them.

He quickly answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Hello, Hakeem."

Their voice sounded like a robot, and he was confused. "Why is your voice disguised?"

"I'm the one asking the questions," they said. "You and Jamal are on good terms now?"

"I never said we were."

"Then why go on Instagram live and call off the hit?"

"Because the beef is between Jamal and I, no one else. I shouldn't have involved in the world," he said.

"Well, that's unacceptable. I think the world needs to be involved."

Hakeem slowly stood up now. "What the hell are you saying?"

"I'm saying I'm always gonna have your back."

"I don't need you to have my back. Who the hell is this?!"

"I told you, your biggest fan." Then they hung up, and Hakeem stared down at his phone in alarm because that person was crazy as hell. Hakeem was sure they were going to do something to Jamal, despite him calling off the hit, so he had to tell Lucious.

He ran into his room. "Pop! Something weird is going on!"

"Something weird is always going on in this family, son."

"I'm serious! I think Jamal is in danger!"

Lucious looked real serious now. "What makes you think that?"

"I've been in contact with one of my fans, and they keep saying they have my back. They just called me from an unknown number, saying I shouldn't have called off the hit, and that the world needs to be involved in Jamal and I's beef. I think this fan is going after Jamal!" Hakeem summed up.

"What fan?!"

"I don't know their name, and I don't know how they sound because their voice was disguised. But we gotta do something!" he urged.

"Call your brother. Now."

Jamal

Jamal looked down at his phone and saw that Hakeem was calling. It actually made him laugh. "Well, well, well, look who's calling me. My bitch ass brother."

"What does he want?" Tory asked from the side.

"I don't know. I ain't answering."

"What if it's important?"

Jamal gave her a pointed look. "Hakeem never says anything important. He's probably gonna talk shit." Jamal rejected his call, but Hakeem called again. Jamal rejected it again and turned his phone off.

"That's cold," Tory joked.

"I think I deserve to be cold," he joked back. "But can I ask you something?"