20. Movie

When the jet reaches the compound, Nat and Steve have lots of paperwork to do and settle all the people that managed to get out of the prison.

Wanda helps you to your room, and you have a hot shower, trying to feel better. When you get out of the bathroom, you see Wanda sitting in your bed. You don't know what to say to her, so you approach her silently. You hold her hand and kiss it gently. "I'm sorry." You say after seeing her so gloomy. "It's not your fault." She lifts up her head and looks at you.

"Let's change this face, shall we? Movie?" You try to lift up her spirits. "You can choose. I want to know what you have watched already." Wanda passes you the remote control. "Let's watch Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I think you've watched it before too." "Sure!"

"Did somebody say movie?" You see Nat walking in with snacks in her hands. "I didn't know the bartender job scope has widened to snacks." You say sarcastically. "Well, the bartender has to please its only customer." Nat passes you the snacks and drinks.

"Why don't you join us? There's more than enough space." Wanda extends the invitation to her. "Are you sure? I don't want to be interrupting." Nat shakes her head. "I know you want to join. You wouldn't come in here just to pass us some snacks." Wanda lifts the duvet cover.

Nat enters you start the movie. Wanda is still whispering sweet nothing in your ears, and you tug her, playing with her hands. "Guys, I came here to watch a movie, not a live show." Nat gives you a side-eye. "Sorry." You chuckle as you hit Wanda one last time. 

You only managed to last around half of the movie before you feel your eyelids getting heavier and heavier. You try to fight the sleepiness, but you drift off to sleep in Wanda's arms.

"What a day for her." Nat comments. "Yeah. She hardly had any moment to rest today too." Wanda replies. "You were in the training room for quite some time." Nat briefly glances at Wanda before watching the movie again. "She wanted me to teach her how to fight."

"Oh really?" Nat not believing that you are switching to a more offensive style. "You were her first choice though." Wanda not looking at Nat. "Are you jealous?"

Wanda looks at Nat, but chooses not to reply.

Just before the movie ends, Wanda also cannot last any longer. "This two, seriously." Nat gets out of bed, covers the both of you and puts back the remote control. She takes one last glance at the sight of you two before leaving the room.

The next morning, Wanda wakes up earlier than you but decides to stay in bed and let you sleep in longer. She doesn't want to disturb your sleep as you are still lying in her arms. She looks at you while you're sleeping and plays with your hair. She can't resist the adorable look on your face and kisses your forehead.

"Mom?" You are still half awake, sobbing. Wanda doesn't know how to react. "Come back. Please..." Tears start dripping from your eyes. Your dream ends, and you open your eyes slowly. Your eyes are still watery, but you know it's Wanda in front of you.

"You miss your mom?" Wanda embraces you and rubs your back. You nod and break into tears. You can't control your emotions any longer, and you cry your eye's out. Wanda doesn't say anything and just taps your back.

You pull away from her as you stop crying, still breathing heavily and looking down, ashamed of what you showed her. Wanda wipes your tears and says. "I'll go get you some water. I don't want you to be dehydrated." You nod, still trying to calm yourself down. Whenever you blink, it hurts your eyes because you were crying so much.

Wanda comes back with a glass of water. "I'm sorry you had to see this." Looking down at the glass of water on your hand. "It's okay. That's what girlfriends are for." She rubs your hand. "I don't want you to feel like I am using you as emotional support."

"Hey. Look at me." Wanda lifts your face gently. "I am doing this willingly no one is forcing me, not even you." She looks into your eyes. "I'll give you some time alone. I'll see you later alright?" Wanda gives you a kiss before heading out.

You finish your glass of water and walk around your room. You freshen up by splashing cold water on your face. Before heading out, you decide to take a risk.

Posting this 2hrs early. I normally wait until midnight to post but I'm slightly sick so I'm going to head to bed early.