Chapter 11

Alya walked calmly towards the car, even though I could feel her nerves as we neared Nino.

"Alya, we're gonna have fun tonight" I tried to assure her.

She nodded and gave me a small smile before Nino got out of the car.

I had to stifle a laugh as I got a good look at his costume. He was dressed as Dark Cupid, with a dark mask and a red and black suit. To top it off, he had a set of bow and arrows around his back ready for use.

"Nice costumes!" He greeted us and immediately took in Alya's costume.

"Alya... you look amazing." Alya turned the color of her suit.

"You're one to talk, Dark Cupid." She playfully tapped him.

Nino did a twirl to show off the entire look "I do know how to party in style."

I jokingly rolled my eyes and laughed. Nino and Alya really would make the perfect couple.

Nino opened the car door for us and assisted Alya into the passenger seat.

I rolled the windows down and took in the night. It seemed quiet outside, so I closed my eyes and let myself embrace it.

In front of me, Nino and Alya were making conversation, but they seemed so in tune with one another that it felt rude to interrupt.

As we took another turn, I was reminded of how much things had changed since Chat and I became a team.

This party, for example, would have never had all of these costumes if it weren't for the events that have taken place.

And what made it worse was all of the akumatizations. I'm sure tonight would serve as a reminder of just how many victims Hawk-Moth has had.

I couldn't help but think one day I may be one of them.

"Look at the lights, Marinette!" Alya's eyes lit up as she peered out of the window.

I turned to see Luka's boat, but throughout the entire deck there were magnificent lights set up. There were no other lights on the boat turned on, so it created a dim romantic feel to the evening.

The water was perfectly calm tonight, and it looked as though the ship were floating on glass. The night was neither cold nor hot, so it was perfect for staying out on deck.

Nino circled the lot for a parking space, but cars were already lining the place.

"Why don't you two stick together and find a spot? I'll let everyone know you're on the way." I gave Alya a subtle wink. She could thank me later.

"That's a good idea, Marinette. I'll drop you off out front."

I gave them a slight wave as they drove off before turning to the entrance of the ship. In the distance, I could hear laughter and light music being played.

I smoothed over my outfit before continuing towards the ship. Suddenly, I was doubting my decision to agree with Alya's wardrobe advice.

It wasn't that I didn't like the costume, but I was a little paranoid to wear it here. Not to mention that when I wore my uniform, no one knew it was me. Now, everything felt a little too tight and all too familiar.

Before I could change my mind, I smoothed my clothes over and continued to walk towards the entrance of the ship.

"Marinette!" Luka immediately came over and wrapped me into a bear hug.

I laughed when I realized Luka was a little tipsy. "Nice to see you too, Luka."

"Your costume looks..." his eyes searched my body and I suddenly found myself suppressing the urge to squirm. "It's perfect." He finally looked up and offered me a drink.