for remembering

SUNGHOON

We were all eating peacefully when Jaeyun spoke up.

"Mom, Dad. I have to tell you something.", He spoke in a serious tone which made me look at him with furrowed brows.

He held my hand and his eyes told me to trust him.

"What is it son?"

He breathed in and out before speaking.

"Geonu is back."

I saw his father's eyes grew wide and his hands balled up into fists.

"What did you just say?"

I gulped in fear of what he was going to do.

"You mean the 'boyfriend' you had is actually alive and showed himself to you?"

Jaeyun looked down and nodded.

"Honey, maybe you should calm down-", his mom tried to calm his father down.

"Calm down?! He hurt my son! Our son! I'd like nothing more than to beat that piece of-"

"Dad!"

Everyone looked to Jaeyun as he shouted, chest rising up and down as he tried to calm down. I held his hand and intertwined our fingers.

"I didn't tell you so you could insult him.", my eyes were as wide as saucers at this point.

"But-", His father started before Jaeyun cut him off.

"I meant it. He's still a friend of mine and I want to know why he left me."

"Jae. Are you sure?", I asked him with a worried gaze. He smiled and nodded. I tried to push my jealously down and nodded.

"What if he left you because he found another guy?"

Jaeyun's mom gasped and smacked her husband's arm.

"What? He should be ready to handle that if it is the truth."

"I'd be sad but I'd try to understand why."

I didn't know what was going on inside his head but I'm sure he knows what he's doing. I can't lie and say that I'm not jealous.

"You'd better be. I'd have to beat him up for making my son cry."

Jaeyun scoffed.

"Who said I'd cry?", I snickered making my boyfriend look at me with a pout. I chuckled and ruffled his hair, patting it.

"I love you.", he whispered just loud enough for me to hear.

"You know I love you more.", I teased him with a smirk. He scoffed and couldn't help but smile.

"Uh lovebirds? You do know you're not the only people here, right?", Jaehyun spoke up, disturbing our moment.

"Can't you see they're having an intimate moment, babe? Why do you always interrupt them?", his husband scolded him, making Jaehyun pout at him.

"Yeah! Scold him, Uncle Taeyong!", I encouraged the bullying as it made their parents break into fits of laughter.

"I'm really glad he chose you, Sunghoon. I have a feeling you're perfect for my son.", I gasped and shook my head.

"That's too much. I'm not perfect-"

"Baby, you are perfect. What do you mean?", Jaeyun asked me with a loving gaze.

I sighed and shook my head, changing the topic.

"Do you mind if I stayed over?"

His dad and mom looked at each other with smiles and turned back to me, shaking their head simultaneously.

After dinner, Jaeyun went straight to his bedroom while I helped his mom clean the dishes no matter how much she denied the help.

"You're such a nice boy. How did my son ever pull you?", His mother said with a chuckle. It made me chuckle too because I wondered that myself.

"I don't know but you can trust that I'd never leave his side.", she smiled and nodded.

"Thank you, Sunghoon."

After cleaning the dishes, his mom told me to not help with anything else and just get some rest and so I jogged up the stairs to my boyfriend's room.

"Did you miss me?", I joked with a chuckle, flopping on his bed and crawling up to him.

He scoffed and playfully rolled his eyes.

"No I didn't."

I hugged his waist making him groan. He looked down at me with a loving smile, caressing my hair as I did the same.

"Your hair is so fluffy.", I broke the comfortable silence.

Jaeyun laughed heartily at that and patted my hair.

"Yours is too."

We stared at each other for a second before breaking out into laughter.

"Promise me whatever reason Geonu left you for, you won't leave me?"

"Baby, why would you even think that? You're my boyfriend. Why would I leave you for an ex?"

"You've known him longer than me. He clearly means a lot to-"

"Hoonie.", I froze, my ears twitching at the childhood nickname he gave me.

I look up from his chest to see him looking at me with a pout.

"You think I forgot about you?"

My eyes went wide as I sat myself up, straddling his waist.

"Y-You remembered?", He chuckled and nodded, reaching up to cup my cheeks with his palms.

"I've liked you ever since. Ever since you kissed me all those years ago.", my cheeks flushed to the colour of tomatoes.

I covered my face, too embarrassed to face him.

"Oh my god. This is embarrassing. Don't look at me.."

My boyfriend laughed, his pretty laugh making me unconsciously smile.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down onto his chest making me let out a weird noise.

"Let's just go to sleep. I'm getting a bit tired..", he yawned cutely making me peck his cheeks.

"Good night, Hoonie.", he closed his eyes and snored away.

I laid my head on his chest and drifted away to sleep.

"Night, Jakey."